Article: Gangs in the military

Military selection is designed to keep the criminals out.
Military training at basic levels are designed to get the applicant to show their true persona under preasure.
Military people are mostly a cross section of the citizens of it´s country. (or are at least supposed to be.

If someone have dodged LE, skid through basic and AIT without being thrown out on their ass the system is at fault, not the individual.

No need for the armed forces to train criminals in combat operations.
End of story.

//KJ.

Back during 2003ish timeframe the US Army, especially, was hurting for bodies. Moral waivers were being handed out left and right. To get in, one really just has to avoid a felony (though during that time frame CERTAIN felonies could be waived, no weapons charges or serious violent offenses though.)

As far as getting through basic and AIT, well, you know it's really not that hard, esp. if you keep your mouth shut about your affiliation. I mean, I guess if they show up on the range holding their M4 sideways and away from their bodies that might be a good indicator.

Do they get in? Yeah, they always have and always will. Gang member is the same thing as criminal and we've always had and will continue to have criminals make it through the checks. Are they the majority? Naw, not even close. But like 03USMC said, this has been a known problem for awhile and the spooky cops (CID, NCIS, OSI) have been on it.

This isn't specific to the US military either. Every military has its bad apples. It's that whole 10% rule we all know and love.

10% rule is a good indicator BUT that applies more to idiots..

We aren´t squeaky clean over here either, but a retard through mountain Rangerschool and ended up dodging his fire on sniperalley.
He turned PMC for the Serbs.
This is the ONE case I have ever heard of though where criminals have been military trained in our nation.
His cadre swears he turned retarded after school.. haha

Gangdudes are almost always found out though.
They aren´t the sharpest spoons in the drawer if you catch my drift..

Oh and BTW, I didn´t know that fellony charges had been waved.. I think that is kind of like asking for trouble.

//KJ.

Last edited:
It may not be specific to the US military but there probably isn't a whole lot of armies in the developed world that have a gang problem.

It may not be specific to the US military but there probably isn't a whole lot of armies in the developed world that have a gang problem.

That is exactly what I said before. I am sure other armies have problems with this, just probably not at such a height. Everyone was too fast to say "no" because their army don't have a problem or atleast haven't heard of a problem.

Australia and Sweden are considerably smaller, so I won't use them as examples of a nation as big as US, China, or Russia.

That is exactly what I said before. I am sure other armies have problems with this, just probably not at such a height. Everyone was too fast to say "no" because their army don't have a problem or atleast haven't heard of a problem.

Australia and Sweden are considerably smaller, so I won't use them as examples of a nation as big as US, China, or Russia.

Haha, China and Russia. Thought you were looking at NATO.

Haha, China and Russia. Thought you were looking at NATO.

Well, the reason I didn't look at NATO because most of those countries are small. Only France, Germany, UK, and Spain come into my mind as being big in NATO thinking of geographics and military combined (not including United States of course).

The bigger the country, the more the problems. Especially when the country is so diverse and has so much freedom, it chokes itself.

Not as big as Texas. The ignorance is strong in this yank.
Population wise, they are much bigger than Texas. Most of the states in the U.S would have a very low population density if you spread out their population evenly across the entire state.

And that has what to do with what?
You would think that places with higher population densities would have more gang problems than places with less population density.

And that has what to do with what?
You would think that places with higher population densities would have more gang problems than places with less population density.
He said they were smaller than Texas. I'm pointing out that is not necessarily true depending on what kind of size on is referring to.

No need for that.
Just grab a few, line them up on the parade ground, have the rest of the unit watch. Read out the sentences. Aim. Fire.
End of gang problem.

Population wise, they are much bigger than Texas. Most of the states in the U.S would have a very low population density if you spread out their population evenly across the entire state.

Really now?

No need for that.
Just grab a few, line them up on the parade ground, have the rest of the unit watch. Read out the sentences. Aim. Fire.
End of gang problem.

ROFL... That will cause massive protest. They wouldn't be able to do that without so much noise from the general public. If they did do that, I am sure gang members will think more than twice before trying to enter the army with wrong state of mind.

Also, what about the ones that might not be gang affiliated, but is said to be gang affiliated...

I am sure there is a different and more better solution. Some Recruiters are corrupt btw and just want their recruit numbers to rise.

Of course the public would not stand for it.
Actually, the public would not stand for a great deal of solutions to a variety of problems.

Back