Armed citizens stop Memphis street shooter

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Armed citizens stop Memphis street shooter
Police in Memphis say a gunman firing a pistol beside a busy city street was subdued by two passers-by who were also armed.

No one was hurt during the incident that apparently began with a minor traffic accident, but one passing car was believed hit by a bullet.

Brothers William Webber and Paul Webber told police they stopped their car and pulled their own pistols when they saw a man firing a handgun yesterday.

The brothers said they ordered the man to drop his weapon and then held him at gunpoint until police arrived a few minutes later. Police say the Webbers did not fire their pistols.

Police arrested Dementrius Roberson and charged him with reckless endangerment. Police say the Webber brothers and Roberson have licenses to carry firearms.

Paul Webber says Roberson was firing across traffic and they couldn't tell why he wasshooting.

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=43109

No, because the armed suspect would have fought back. The fear of getting shot is what stopped the nut job.

But if they just had squirt guns, or cap guns, or BB guns, he would not have had any idea they weren't real.

You'll put your life on those "realistic" plastic toys against a crazed person armed with REAL gun? What if he notices the bright orange and yellow paint job on those "realistic" squirt guns?

Besides that you're ignoring the possibility that this person might like a good ol' shoot out. Your plastic caps versus his .45 hollow points. Ehh your funeral.

I am not trolling I'm just making a point. Man, people always judge me for my low post count.

You're not making a point with these two sentence posts. Please elaborate what your point is.

lol. Is it that cap guns are good for self-defense?

Last edited:
I am not trolling I'm just making a point. Man, people always judge me for my low post count.
No, youre being judged as a troll for a combination of things... posting bollocks that could serve no other purpose but to act as flamebait... following 5.56 around the board posting messages you KNOW are going to piss him and others off... not developing an argument but simply firing off a one-liner... saying crap like this stuff about squirt guns that shows absolutely no intelligent thought prior to posting or a complete and total loss of contact with the conditions of the real world.
:read:

Back