--

November 11th, 2004  
dougal

www.rte.ie

www.sinnfein.ie

http://www.taoiseach.gov.ie/index.as...R-6k-9Nov2004-

That mighnt work Its Google.ie and type in Bloody Sunday

www.rte.ie/news/2002.0130/bloodysundat.html

best one maybe http://www.local.ie/Ireland_History/...Irish_History/ look at dvd here.

www.freewebs.com/irishrepublicanarmy/

www.fas.org/irp/world/para/ira.htm
November 11th, 2004  
AlexKall

In my opinion it all depends on the next palestinian leader and if that person and israels leader gets along. Sorry I have a terrible memory of names. Quite embarrassing actually.
November 11th, 2004  
Ezechiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
Quote:
not as good as Arafat
What was he good for? He caused great damage to the Palestinians and great damage to Israel.

With him out of the way there is abetter chance for peace, but it will take a while.
Sherman I ur a Israeli right?

I wonder what the Israeli really wanted there actually. Peace which Palestinian don't make conflict and control their own territory well? or u Israeli wanted to made them out of Israel land?

No offece,I juz want to know more about what the Israeli actually wanted.
--
November 11th, 2004  
Brotchador

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKall
In my opinion it all depends on the next palestinian leader and if that person and israels leader gets along. Sorry I have a terrible memory of names. Quite embarrassing actually.
It's been confirmed tha Mahmoud Abbas is the new PLO chief, but the question now is, Will he be able to control all the radical factions of the PLO? Hamas, Hezbollah et al? If not, What would he be able to achieve? What would the Israelis do if they come to the conclusion that Abbas is an ineffective leader? would they retain the status quo? or would they somehow try to influence events?
November 11th, 2004  
Brotchador

Thanks! i will try to read them all and come up with a better understanding of your problem with the Brits.
November 11th, 2004  
Kane

During the 90's Arafat changed his radical political views to a more moderate tone. Take the Camp David Meeting during the Clinton Administration as one example. The truth is that Arafat has two faces.

There will be a major power struggle within the PLO currently or in the near future. Since this event is immediate and surprising, I'll continue following the news update.
November 11th, 2004  
dougal

Quote:
Thanks! i will try to read them all and come up with a better understanding of your problem with the Brits.
Youll have to go back a few 100 years aswell.
November 11th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Quote:
Sherman I ur a Israeli right?

I wonder what the Israeli really wanted there actually. Peace which Palestinian don't make conflict and control their own territory well? or u Israeli wanted to made them out of Israel land?

No offece,I juz want to know more about what the Israeli actually wanted
Non taken at all. I cant talk about all Israelis, as this is a democracy with many political view. But the most agreed upon notion is a Palestinian state with no military, in the west bank and gaza almost accordingly to the pre 1967 lines.

Quote:
During the 90's Arafat changed his radical political views to a more moderate tone. Take the Camp David Meeting during the Clinton Administration as one example. The truth is that Arafat has two faces.
Arafat never could see the end of conflict ad revolution, because he was a terrorist and a revoluionist, not a diplomat or politician. He could have gotten almost eveything in 1999, but went to war.
November 11th, 2004  
Kane

Sherman Wrote:

Quote:
Arafat never could see the end of conflict ad revolution, because he was a terrorist and a revoluionist, not a diplomat or politician. He could have gotten almost eveything in 1999, but went to war.
Arafat has no control over the Radical factions notorious for their bus bombings and terrorist attacks. I share my condolences with the Israeli people for the terror and destruction that have brung misery among the Israeli Population.

However, it is clear that despite his earlier times, Arafat has changed.
November 11th, 2004  
Paddster

And what of the misery of the Palestinian people Secrecy? There is more to this than just 'terrorism'. The Israeli's are as bad as the Palestinians.

It is a very difficult situation, for all people. Lets just hope a peaceful agreement can come out of this.

And I apologize greatly if I have offended you SHERMAN or anyone at all with this statement; your a very tolerant and non-biast person in these discussions, and I respect you for that.