Anyone have any knowledge regarding the AN/WLR-1C?

When I was a little younger I spent some time on ships with the subject equipment installed. The AN/WLR-1C (D,E,F).

During operations we had a strict mode of communications, we needed something a little more fun to use for communications and came up with the Guppy codes.

Is there anyone here with that type of background the might know what I'm speaking of?

AN/WLR-1(C)(DEF)

Hello.

In response to your request for info on the AN/WLR-1X I have some left over knowledge from that system. Plus a whole lot of mind filling stuff about surface electronic warfare as a sailor (EW-1) and as a civilian. Please contact me @ fatcat9998@yahoo.com.

Thank you

Doug Seeley

WLR 1C

Attended WLR 1C C School in Newport, RI in 1971 prior to deploying on Med - North Atlantic cruise aboard USS Hartley DE 1029. Anyone else out there?

WLR1C was new design equip. D/E/F mods were upgrades of basic, A, and B models to C status. Other marks after c included significant changes in tube ot solidstate technology and remote monitoring for alignment/tuning. Greatly reduced maintence scheduling time reqd. I worked worked with NAVSENG Norfolk in developing some of these upgrades while serving on various vessels HPTed Nfolk area 68-75. Also Dam Neck, Oceania, Suffolk, and VA Beach. Remember a lot, Forgot a lot. ETR to EW.
Bear.

Was a NEC 1774 back in the 70's til '80 - EW2. Upon discharge I overhauled WLR-1's at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard until they were all replaced by either WLR-8 or SLQ-32. My first ship was the DTP test platform for the SLQ competition. Contact me if you want WLR-1 history. Also worked WLR-11, WLA-3B and several versions of the old SLQ jammers like ULQ-6B, SLQ-24 and SLQ-26.

Back