Any JROTC or ROTC cadets in here? - Page 3

--

May 26th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerndonCadet
a different service than I'm really interested in (Airborne all the way!),.
They got an Airborne branch now?!

I kind of blanked on this thread for awhile, sorry I wasn't ignoring you all.

So Future, unfortunately I do live in California right now (I say unfortunately because they got the most bum-backwards laws you ever run across, Everclear is illegal but they want to legalize pot, for example). But the California I grew up in is different than "Cali," we all claim we're from Nevada so the other cowboys won't laugh at us .

And tough girl, guys can't hold a candle to you females for strangeness. Believe me, I've had more experience than any man should have in one lifetime with the insane side of the "fairer sex." I've had a girl pull a dang switchblade on me, and I got enough other stories not fit for print to fill an autobiography.
May 28th, 2004  
bfieldsUSD

I am an ROTC cadet at the University of South Dakota, I'm going into my MS III year. I am originally from Southern California, and I miss it like crazy. I came here on a soccer scholarship and found my love for the army, and can't wait to get on active duty. I want to branch Aviation.
May 28th, 2004  
Redneck

Where are you from in Southern California? I'm with the Surfrider Batt at UC Santa Barbara (MSIII/IV).

Saw you were going to BAC this summer, Pogue and hopefully myself will be joining you there (I got the dang waiting list after I lost my original slot when I cracked one of my vertebrae). Good luck.
--
May 28th, 2004  
bfieldsUSD

I am from the Murrieta/ Temecula area, about 45 minutes north of San Diego. I have been to UC Santa Barbara, that school is sweet. I should have stayed in Cali, I don't know what the hell I was thinking. Now I am stuck here in South Dakota, it is so different, like the people and all. I guess it is good for me to work with different kinds of people though. When do you go to the BAC? I leave on Tuesday!! Hooah, I'm so pumped. I just hope it all goes well.
May 28th, 2004  
bfieldsUSD

I fractured one of my vertebrae in my back before too playing soccer, hurts like hell!! I feel your pain.
May 28th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfieldsUSD
When do you go to the BAC? I leave on Tuesday!! Hooah, I'm so pumped. I just hope it all goes well.
Nice! Good luck there! I'm on the alternates list now, so I don't have a date or a guaranteed slot yet (anymore ), but I will find out if I'm actually going after I finish Warrior Forge up at Ft. Lewis.

Have fun at Benning.
May 29th, 2004  
bfieldsUSD

What Regiment are you in?
May 29th, 2004  
Redneck

12th, 07JUL to 07AUG, right when all the Tacs are getting burned out and ready to go home.

Did you hear what all they added this year?
Just a couple of the things are we're doing a full eight day FTX instead of the two short ones, and we "get" body armor ( 40 lb flak jackets apparently). So it should be at least somewhat more challenging than in the past. The longer we're out in the field, the less time we have to worry about all the garrison bull-puckie.
May 31st, 2004  
lil Lt

C/2nd Lt. Mar El Camino MCJROTC. Any one On Drill Teams, any news about Competitions?
May 31st, 2004  
bfieldsUSD

Yeah, I heard they were stepping Warrior Forge up a bit. A 40 lb Flack Jacket and a ruck, that sounds like fun. Yeah, I don't like doing all that Garrison crap either. I don't think the 8 days out in the field will be so bad, but I will tell you how I feel about that when I get back from Robin Sage in July. That is a wonderful fifteen days out in the field, but it should be pretty awesome.