Americans troops in Japan - Page 2

--

October 8th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowalker
At least Germany has owned up to the past, in a society such as we live in today i cant see how japan cant own up to these atrocities that were commited
Best explanation I've ever heard was, "You just don't comprehend Oriental thinking." In other words, no good explanation at all.
October 8th, 2004  
SHERMAN

whosewar-more people died in fire bombing of japanese cities than from the nukes. I think they are so pacifistic now they dont even consider revange.
October 8th, 2004  
whosewar2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
whosewar-more people died in fire bombing of japanese cities than from the nukes. I think they are so pacifistic now they dont even consider revange.

oh yeah, know more people killed by Japanese.

But, as matter of fact, Anybody here know any Japanese agree with that?
Instead, most Japanese think WWII is their honor to liberate Aisan from western and they were unfortunately defeated by US. They are still honoring their war crime every year, from prime minister to normal Japanese. so...what do you think?

don't think other people think like you think

Wolf is always wolf, just a matter of time, when they bit you again.
--
October 9th, 2004  
A Can of Man

Obviously as a Korean I do have my severe reservations about the past and the textbook issues but I see the threat from North Korea and China big enough to make these things we're just going to have to get over.
Officially the politicians don't apologize etc. but I've had a load of Japanese friends growing up and they know about it and they know it's wrong. On the other hand I tell them there is no reason for them to apologize to me because they did not do it and they don't have any control over what happened over 50 years ago.
October 9th, 2004  
Big_Z

Instead of tiptoeing around it why dont you guys just post topics like "we hate America" or "America is evil".
October 9th, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Actually, there is a thread for that. I made it. No USA posts allowed! (Can't expect honesty otherwise can you?)
October 9th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Attention:

The Topic is:
American Troops in Japan
October 9th, 2004  
Airborne

Ummm, Japan is a abnormal country... it's not like Sudan, and it's not like Guatamala, or Belarus.... it's, like Japan, eith it's own history.

The Japanese has taken more from the US than any other nation in the world, cept perhaps China, culturally and politically. But the feeling between the US and Japan is mutual, they made us more Eastern, we made them more western. Who got more out of this cultural exchange? American bussinessmen runing around with quoting Sun Tzu and Miyamoto Musashi, little kids pretending to be ninja's and taking karate and aikido classes, shared musical influences from Europe and each other, etc. I mean, damn, if the US is nuked tommorow and no American survives, I can remain confident American culture will survive in it's 51st state; as well as vice versa, if Japan is hit by the mother of all tsunamis and then godzilla run's amuck killing all the survivors, it can be confident that it too will survive in it's North American colony. Perhaps living in China prohibits you from relising just how closely the Japanese and American cultures have assimilated. We're definately not identical, but we do feel right at home in each other's country.
October 9th, 2004  
FlyingFrog

Quote:
Perhaps living in China prohibits you from relising just how closely the Japanese and American cultures have assimilated
Good laugh, a often brain-washed man would easily think others are brain-washed or having very limited access to outside world info.

Japanese and American cultures have assimilated, very interesting, first time heard about this, can be treated as a good joke
October 9th, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
Quote:
Perhaps living in China prohibits you from relising just how closely the Japanese and American cultures have assimilated
Good laugh, a often brain-washed man would easily think others are brain-washed or having very limited access to outside world info.

Japanese and American cultures have assimilated, very interesting, first time heard about this, can be treated as a good joke

Calm yourself.