American participation in the Vietnam War from 1965 to 1973

http://search.msn.com/results.aspx?q=Vietnam+War&FORM=MSNHM1

IG,
With Memorial Day coming soon, there will be a lot of sources for her such as the one I listed. I read some of these over the weekend and some are from the men and women who fought and some are from politicians. Some are pro and some are con.

I sure hope your friend, whatever she feels about the war, is feeling/doing better. I can sympathize with her. School and personal problems are a real challenge.

Thank you Missileer. Yeah personal issues and school don't exactly go hand in hand-
Thank you lots for your help here.

This is the final version of the essay: She patiently rewrote it trying to tone it down. Her teacher is superliberal so doesn't mind as long as it goes left, but still.

Is it better now?

Removed by IG for privacy issues.[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Oi oi, you forgot one!!!!

I paid specific attention to those common slip ups:
1) [FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif]Sargent Shriver and Office of Economic Opportunity Supporters (OEO) [/FONT]She miss spelled sargeant.
2) She sometimes uses a dot between the names of the authors and sometimes not.
3) [FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif] A People & A Nation [/FONT]should be underlined, just like the rest of the titles.
Nothing big I know, but all details should be perfect for an A, shouldn't it?

p.s Take a look at the bibliography, because she/you is/are being inconsistend with the exclamation marks.

Just my tuppence worth.

[FONT=Palatino Linotype, serif] [/FONT]

Last edited:
I'm sorry Ted I left you out. You are a teacher. Maybe I was only thinking about English-speaking ones.
But of course your help is welcomed. You know I'm as much a perfectionist as you are ;)

Italian Guy said:
I'm sorry Ted I left you out. You are a teacher. Maybe I was only thinking about English-speaking ones.
But of course your help is welcomed. You know I'm as much a perfectionist as you are ;)

Thanks man. The help was gladly given and I am glad that I could be of help...

bulldogg said:
Got some prepositional problems... give me a couple hours and I'll sort it.

Thank you bud. Well hope it won't take you a whole couple hours to check it. Please don't spend too much time on it though. I just asked for some 2 cent, don't mean to steal your time, man. But thank you very much of course :whip:.

That one is better.

I saw one instance of "their" when it should have been "there."

or that they had no business being their in the first place.

5th Paragraph.

I'll let the educators handle the rest.

interesting thread and comments guys.
wish her luck IG.

anybody else have any other essays, this was an interesting thread, it would be good to see more like it

1. Even former Defence Secretary Robert McNamara so closely identified with the conflict that protestors called the war “McNamara’s War” was growing disillusioned”. (Boyer, p. 27 )

Edit this. Put a comma or verb after the first McNamara, but I would change the sentence.

2. Under President Johnson, Americans could see the carnage of the Vietnam War over their television sets and people at home could see villages go up in flames, what seemed to be innocent villagers go up in flames and U.S. Planes spraying Agent Orange on crops and forests. The effects of Agent orange were unknown when it was being spread.

The footage that people saw in their living rooms could not have raised the revulsion to which she refers, as everyone assumed it was a normal herbicide or an insecticide. The side-effects of Agent Orange were still unknown.

3. Sargent Shriver and Office of Economic Opportunity Supporters (OEO)
That is Sergeant.
4. I still think she should put her thesis statement at the end of the first paragraph. As it is, I see it now, but when I reach the end of the paragraph, I have to go back to figure out what she is talking about.

I think that's it.

Dean.

IG, could you inform us what the results are of this joint enterprise are? So when the grade is known, pass it on.... please?

Folks,

There has been a lot of discussion about the US and the 2nd IndoChina War. But to put it in a nut shell the war was lost when President Johnson decided on a policy of both Guns and Butter and that in this war everyone would not be in the same boat and not everyone in US society would be pulling the oars (ie the last war fought like that was the War of 1812 which only by sheer luck the US avoided outright defeat).

But for anyone interested read the following three books: LOST VICTORY, by William Colby, A BETTER WAR by Lewis Sorley and "any" book on Vietnam by Keith William Kolan -- ie with a Nolan book you actually know what it felt like to serve a year on the ground in combat in Vietnam.

Finally, a little known fact. By the end of December 1972 the North Vietnamese Army was paralized (ie the US had shut down their ability to communicate between major divisions and Hanoi) and its supply network was basically destroyed. Even the North Vietnamese admit this.

Jack E. Hammond

"Those who did learn by the end of their one-year tour were replaced by new men who began the cycle of self-delusion all over again. Throughout Vietnam and over the whole of Indochina, the one-year tour locked the military into a perpetual cycle of repeating the same mistakes over and over again. The wheel was reinvented every six months." (THE RAVENS, by C. Robbins)

"America's going to have a guilty conscience about the Vietnam war for a long time." (THE RAVENS, by C. Robbins, Gerry Greven)

NOTE> A VERY LONG TIME

But for anyone interested read the following three books: LOST VICTORY, by William Colby, A BETTER WAR by Lewis Sorley and "any" book on Vietnam by Keith William Kolan -- ie with a Nolan book you actually know what it felt like to serve a year on the ground in combat in Vietnam.
If I had only known, I could have read a book instead of fighting :shoothea:
I trust you didn't mean that statement literally?

Back