American Army - Page 4

--

October 30th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Hmm, I dont know about the hunters being useful for military purposes....Deer do not shot back.
October 30th, 2004  
Missileer

Topic: Re: American Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by battery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrog
From a former British colony rising to the current World's No1 Power and Army.

1. American Army's men/women and weapons.

2. Strength/Weakness of American Army.

3. American Army's Interaction with the rest of world.

4. American Army's Future.

2. Strength- Communications/Support
3. It will continue to have a leading role in world affairs, such as Taiwan, Korea, Taiwan, etc...
4. I believe all U.S. Soldiers will have the "Land warrior system". The future is bright for the U.S. Army.

Link: http://www.g4techtv.com/techtvvault/...e_Future.html?
I have worked in defense research and development since 1965 and still am. I read, with some interest, the hyperlink in your post. The companies that I have worked for are constantly warning us about discussing anything that might be sensitive to our Country's security. Every day we badge through the doors, we are confronted by the rogue's gallery of people who sold information to other Countries. I was surprised that so many defense magazines are publishing pretty accurate data on weapons systems.

If anyone works in our defense industry or knows or is married to anyone who does, remember that lives depend on information you could have.

I hope this doesn't come across as paranoid because I know that many other Countries represented here are just as careful. I think Revell has models of most of our newest aircraft on the shelf before the public is even aware of their existance.
October 30th, 2004  
SHERMAN

As to the information security issue: If I can find it on google, its not top secret anymore...
--
October 30th, 2004  
Missileer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHERMAN
Hmm, I dont know about the hunters being useful for military purposes....Deer do not shot back.
I mean that a Remington 700 with a 5x scope in the hands of a person who has been free and fortunate enough to have owned and fired such a weapon since they were 9 or 10 years old can put a bullet exactly where it does the most good, be it deer or any other type of animal.
October 30th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Yes, and like ive said, when the animal is armed and knows its at risk, it will shoot back. Hunters are very skilled sharpshooters, but lack the military training to effectivly fight an enemy using tactics.
October 30th, 2004  
Missileer

Quote:
As to the information security issue: If I can find it on google, its not top secret anymore...
I would rather err on the side of being too careful than not careful enough. I know the difference between what's on a search engine and what someone might let slip in free exchange.
November 1st, 2004  
egoz

They have had a lot of shows on the History Channel about the new Land Warrior system. But at the rate we're going with new military hardware turnover it'll be ready in 2030 (being sarcastic). Actually recently on Mail Call they were showing a bunch of new military hardware being tested in Iraq. They were even showing off the new Army digital camo that they're issueing. The thing that gets me is when Land Warrior first came out the system was so big and bulky and it seems like every year we are finding ways to lighten it up and make things smaller. I personally think it's still to big, but it's nice to know that it's being updated every chance we get.
November 1st, 2004  
Redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missileer
I would rather err on the side of being too careful than not careful enough.
Good call.

Stay on topic.
November 1st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Yes, and like ive said, when the animal is armed and knows its at risk, it will shoot back. Hunters are very skilled sharpshooters, but lack the military training to effectivly fight an enemy using tactics.
I can see your point on hunters, but where they are not already trained up military-wise, they can be. A large class of superb marksmen are an excellent addition to the military, should their nation need them to fight. On top of that, they are already knowledgable about moving silently in rough terrain and camoflage. These qualities would make them fairly easy to train up, don't you think?

Also, if a scenario plays out where the United States were invaded, the mass of arms that are already in the hands of private citizens almost certainly leads to Partisans who end up giving the invaders one helluva time of it. A deer rifle is a pretty effective weapon in the right hands, especially when nobody knows where the shots are coming from.
November 2nd, 2004  
Redneck

Last warning, get back on topic.

The topic is the American Army, if you need reminding.