Air Force, anyone?

Laur7usaf

Just out of curiosity, who is joining the Air Force or is already in the Air Force? What are your jobs/specialites and where are you getting stationed (if you know) or already stationed?
Thanks!
~Lauren ;)

I think I told you in your welcome note but I am enlisted as a Security Forces, I am in the Guard but I have been deployed and TDY (temporary tour of duty) with lots of Active Duty folks. You should enjoy your enlistment as long as you keep a positive attitude about everything.

I was supposed to be in the Air Force as an Air Navigator. Unfortunately, I got shifted away from that and ended up in the Navy.

Haha...I was supposed to join the Marines but my dad had a fit and I ended up in the AF. It's not that bad but it's not where I want to be...This is why I'm changing branches after I finish my enlistment.

NCdt Steliga said:
I was supposed to be in the Air Force as an Air Navigator. Unfortunately, I got shifted away from that and ended up in the Navy.
I don't understand, what happened, how did you change branches if you didn't want to?

It is pretty easy to switch branches for someone getting ready to be an officer, you can even go through one branches academy and get your commision in another branch..that happened to a guy I know, he really wanted to be SF like most youngsters and went to the Air Force academy was almost finished and did not like the PJ's job so he took a commision in the Navy and made it through to become a SEAL.

Rotty261 said:
It is pretty easy to switch branches for someone getting ready to be an officer, you can even go through one branches academy and get your commision in another branch..that happened to a guy I know, he really wanted to be SF like most youngsters and went to the Air Force academy was almost finished and did not like the PJ's job so he took a commision in the Navy and made it through to become a SEAL.
I understand that one can switch, but he makes it sound like he had to, and that I don't get.

Back