Ahmadinejad is new Hitler or Savior of Islam's Honor

sandy

Introduction
Iran's announcement on April 11, 2006 that it had succeeded in enriching uranium evoked mixed reactions in the Arab media.
Many columnists expressed apprehension about Iran's nuclear program, and opposition to it. They argued that a nuclear Iran posed a threat to the Arab countries in general and to the Gulf states in particular, and that it was likely to spark an arms race in the region.
Other columnists warned that a leak in one of Iran's nuclear facilities could cause grave ecological disaster, on the scale of Chernobyl. Additionally, President Ahmadinejad was described as a new Hitler threatening to unleash catastrophe upon the world.
On the other hand, some columnists wrote in support of Iran's nuclear program, arguing that it improved the balance of power against Israel, and that the international community could not implement a double standard regarding Iranian and Israeli nuclear capabilities.
Some called on the Arab countries to follow in Iran's footsteps and obtain nuclear knowledge and technology, with which to fight the West.
The following are examples from the diverse reactions in the Arab media to Iran's announcement:
from MEMRI

Thread is now opened and renamed.

Last edited by a moderator:
President Ahmadinejadhas described himself as "the chosen one" ... the Mahdi. That makes him a nutcase NOT a new Hitler (or) Muhammad. The fact is, there is a very good case to be made that he would act like Hitler if he got his hands on nuclear weapons ... he has on numerous occasions, stated that he would do everything in his power to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Many people believe that he means exactly what he says - his hatred of Jews and Israel is well documented.

With nuclear weapons, he would use them to attack Israel and hope the rest of the Arab world would support him when the inevitable retaliatory strike comes his way. The fact that a very real World War III results from his first strike would be immaterial to him ... the jihad against Israel would be fulfilled. As long as he could do maximum damage on Israel he would be perfectly happy to plunge the rest of the world into a world war. He hates the west almost as he does Israel

I don't know that "the rest of the Arab world" would support him in the inevitable retaliatory strike from the West. Collectively pissing off the Western world is bad news for any group. The US is pretty much universally hated in Saudi Arabia, but they wouldn't do anything overt to cause diplomatic problems. The Arab world wouldn't do a thing to stop Iran from nuking Israel, but I doubt they'd stick their collective necks out for them either.

tomtom22 said:
He is a certifiable nut case.

I dont think so, he seems to be quite rationale. he doesnt seem erratic or otherwise unstable and he is unwaivering in his policy unlike Kim Il Sung of North Korea. I think he's just a evil person whose seems plans to use State terrorism and Nuclear weapons in order to bully the Middle East. I dont think he would be dumb enough to engage in unilateral hostilities, as the Iranians have more enemies then they can count with the Arabs, the Isrealis, the US, and most of Europe. It would be suicide, and he values power too much...

MovingTarget

You are correct. The Arabs hate the Iranians. They have hated the Iranians for centuries. The Iranians are Shiite, most Arabs are Sunnis. If the Iranians went to war with either the US or Isreal the it would be a win-win scenario for them.

Last edited:
Back