After Palin's Speech... the reaction on Hillary Clinton Forum

Gullible, maybe not, but the truth is, that if we all had the courage of our convictions and we were willing to sacrifice a little of our own selfishness for the common good we would be out there with long knives slashing the throats of politicians, left, right and centre.

Billy Connolly may only be a comedian, but i feel he summed it up better than anyone else i've ever heard.

"The very fact that a person shows the slightest interest in becoming a politician, should be the one reason that absolutely bars them from ever doing it".

Last edited:
It's one of those jobs that you can only truly be good at if you don't really want the job. Strange but true.
The only reason why we should ever tolerate them... is because they're a better alternative than having someone from abroad come over and REALLY ransack the place.

Look guys - now let's be honest - we can't live with 'em and we can't live with 'em.

Nonetheless - some smell better than others. (And proven war heroes smell best of all, I say. Sweet)

I don't want to slash and burn - but I do think that those responsible for the plight of my country should be held to account, tried for treason, and if necessary taken out and shot. Their actions have been policy, unforgivable and perhaps irreversible, unfortunately. This is not the case in USA.

Last edited:
Senator Palin was following protocol when she started her speech. Speech writers and handlers draw up the outline and the candidate follows it as a prerequisite at first, then they show more of their personal side. After the nervous beginning, she came across as a caring, intelligent, and qualified candidate. She will make a good Presidential candidate soon.

Look guys - now let's be honest - we can't live with 'em and we can't live with 'em.

Nonetheless - some smell better than others. (And proven war heroes smell best of all, I say. Sweet)

I don't want to slash and burn - but I do think that those responsible for the plight of my country should be held to account, tried for treason, and if necessary taken out and shot. Their actions have been policy, unforgivable and perhaps irreversible, unfortunately. This is not the case in USA.

No offence but those responsible for your countries plight are your voters, as I understand it the UK is a democracy and the current government has been ELECTED to office THREE times and I am pretty sure that the UK's "plight" did not happen over night.

As with all governments you get a high proportion of idiots, poor policies and complete failures but the responsibility for fixing this is squarely on the shoulders of the voter and if they are to lethargic, apathetic or stupid to fix it then that is the peoples fault.

What you say regarding voting is certainly true. However there are a number of matters that influence this. For example, within our system, this government has remained in power with a very low share of the vote -in fact I believe it is true that in recent elections the Tories gathered more votes than Labour; secondly Scotland has always managed to save Labour, and Wales has been similar, so they have imposed the Labour party on England; This is now changing with the emergence of the Scottish and Welsh national parties. In government, the labour party has allowed unfetterred immigration, and turned a blind eye to illegal immigration, producing a large voting block with obvious allegience to such a party - party-time for them. They have introduced postal voting on a large scale, in spite of abuse and corruption on a grand scale. Furthermore, they have branded any politician who warned that immigration needed checks and controls as racist, and dealt the same card to opposing parties.

Aside from these issues, which have run through their 10 or so years in office, where the decline has increased and the problems grown year on year, Labour has relied upon precisely what I warn of - the promise of change, big change, using the cult of personality and spin, lying and burying issues unashamedly. Budgets which fooled the population by what was in the detailed small print . Calculating figures and introducing legislature in ambigious and misleading ways. Undertaking important promises and then breaking them.

If only we could have retained the status quo from 1997 we would have avoided the mess. Our electorate were well and truly bamboozled and critics denigrated as extremists, which side-lined the opposition.

Now that their chickens have come home to roost and every local election and poll shows them to be at the lowest ebb they have ever found themselves in, they refuse an election, so that we have imposed upon us an unelected prime minister, with a manifesto promised referendum on constitutional EU treaty change now refused point blank. They know that any vote which crops up is likely to unseat them, and they are clinging to power by their teeth.

So yes, the young, charismatic charm of Tony Blair and his promises of change sucked in the electorate . Usual thing - all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time.

And so yes, I do warn of the siren call of change. Do you want to change YOUR country? A country that has evolved slowly and politically for perhaps hundreds of years. We bought it - we regret it - we may be stuck with it.

You are right - the electorate has the responsibility, don't mess with what you cannot know. Stick with what has made a country great.
We failed to spot this - guilty as charged. We should have questioned the agendas and where they would leave us.

Last edited:
Do I want change in my country?

Oddly enough yes I do, I want changes in all aspects of the nation from crime to immigration and infrastructure, change is inevitable there is nothing any of us can do to stop it because we all are part of a very small world now however the one thing was can do is manage change competently and if the government we have in place these will not or cannot do it then I will vote for a government that will.

But when all is said and done democratically elected governments have no option but to follow the peoples will or they will become democratically unelected when the term is up.

http://www.hillaryclintonforum.net/discussion/showthread.php?t=27499

Well this is encouraging... I went to the Hillary Clinton Forum right after Palin's Speech. Here are some of their reactions. at least 98% of them have seen the light and will realize that the Democratic Party is nothing but a party of oppression, segregation, and using people for their own Elitist needs.

There was once a generation of Democrats that saw the light back int he 1980s. They were called Reagen Democrats. I guess now in the year of 2008 there will be Palin Democrats.

http://www.hillaryclintonforum.net/discussion/showthread.php?t=26179

Exactly 5.56, as usual, thanks for the enlightenment.

Do you want to change YOUR country?
I am in a vehicle without brakes rolling ever closer to the precipice, do I want to change direction? does it matter that this vehicle has taken years to reach it's present stage of development, after all it's never done this before?

You betcha sweet *!#king life I want to change direction! As vehicles were built with steering devices, so voters were given the vote, and being too damned stupid to at least try to save yourself, is not really a valid excuse.

It is occasions such as this that led to my quote, "The gullibility of the common voter never ceases to amaze me", I was wrong, it appears that I completely forgot apathy.

Here we go again, TAKE TWO!! "The gullibility and apathy of the common voter never ceases to amaze me"

Last edited:
You miss the direction of my question Seno. In your paricular case it means 'Do you want to change Australia' fundamentally?

And regarding 'apathy '- always be very careful indeed with your one vote. Any successful candidate can change 'direction'.

Last edited:
You miss the direction of my question Seno. In your paricular case it means 'Do you want to change Australia' fundamentally?
If it were facing the problems you describe YES! It is obviously in need of change.

And regarding 'apathy '- always be very careful indeed with your one vote. Any successful candidate can change 'direction'.
So you feel that it is better to accept the status quo, rather than face the risk of possible disappointment?

Now that's what I would call, "Apathy at it's very worst".

Of course one can never expect things to always turn out exactly the way we want,.... after all, we are only dealing with politicians here.

Last edited:
OK. But my experience of big change, for example from little government to big government, is one of disaster; we should have stuck to the checks and balances of our evolved system. I'm not suggesting failure to adjust course, but I think there is a great case for being careful regarding what you ask for; did you ever see the film Bedazzled? Terrible film - good message. Question that ol' wish -list.

Last edited:
Bedazzled was as you say a dead loss as a movie, and the storyline was supposed to be humourous. Hardly the thing to base one's choices on.

Some say there is an object lesson in everything that happens, but if we let that stop us from trying again, we're sunk, eventually ending up as a whimpering mass of humanity not even willing to get out of bed.

Not all change is irreversible, should things not turn out the way we hoped, we can always vote the offenders out of power*.

*If we can get people to vote for what is right for the majority, rather than along party lines.

It is my personal opinion that persons who vote along party lines are the biggest stumbling block to a truly successful society.

The point being that much as you wish it, the promises that suck you in, the changes you dream of, in reality can be disastrous. I suppose I refer to the selling of the siren promise of 'CHANGE '. Often you lose more than you gain, if you don't actually understand just what exactly is on offer before you buy. That's all. I am not attempting to take sides.

Bedazzled was as you say a dead loss as a movie, and the storyline was supposed to be humourous. Hardly the thing to base one's choices on.

Some say there is an object lesson in everything that happens, but if we let that stop us from trying again, we're sunk, eventually ending up as a whimpering mass of humanity not even willing to get out of bed.

Not all change is irreversible, should things not turn out the way we hoped, we can always vote the offenders out of power*.

*If we can get people to vote for what is right for the majority, rather than along party lines.

It is my personal opinion that persons who vote along party lines are the biggest stumbling block to a truly successful society.

I agree completely with the "party lines" sentiments, how can a politician be working for the people who elected him when their first point of loyalty is to a political party who's loyalty is to those who pay them.

I recall reading several studies back in the 80s which concluded that something like 79% of respondents voted the way they did because that was how their parents had voted which kind of makes the whole process a complete waste of time if true.

However as far as Bedazzled went, the chick in the devil suit looked good which made up in part for crap script.

:)

I recall reading several studies back in the 80s which concluded that something like 79% of respondents voted the way they did because that was how their parents had voted which kind of makes the whole process a complete waste of time if true.

Don't know if I agree with the studies. I never voted like my parents or voted because they swayed me. But given my parents politics they consider me to right of Attilla the Hun.:pirate2:

They like to teach that in political science in the liberal schools here in the states. I don't agree with it either, might be true in their liberal families but I would say thats irrelevant for most non liberal/democrat families.

My folks and my siblings can be the poster children for liberal do good/causism, when they put their minds to it. Me I consider myself moderate-conservative. My sister has actually called me a Storm Trooper before

I think that would be accurate for me as well. I tend to look at thing initially at least, very conservative, but at times, I might appear pretty daggone liberal or moderate might be a better word. One of the few accurate examples where I mgiht be accused of being a liberal and may be true is when a woman kills a husband, boyfriend or whatever that was beating the crap out of her for awhile and she eventually got fed up with it and killed him. I think those woman ought to be treated with counseling and released. No jail time. As long as it can be proven of course.

Hehe. Similar for myself... Though sometimes I've been called the Taliban by my parents. Haha. Came from my stint in JROTC. LOL Instructors loved me, cadets hated me.

Back