Abortion Discussion

Is Abortion Murder?

• Total voters
Our nation would rather appreciate quality of life then life itself. If a women can kill a baby legally, why cant I kill a person legally. Heres what the left does not understand. If we are not governed by the laws of religion, the laws that say "Killing is bad, stealing is bad, etc." then we must be governed by the laws of social darwinism. There just aint no other way. So why cant I kill freely as somone would in an abortion. After all, could I not make a case that the quality of my life improved because of the life I ended? Just somthing to think about...

For the record I go to the Pro-Life marches every year.

Good for you GuyontheRight!

Although they'll (pro-choice hippies) reply about how you shouldnt tell people what to do. :cowb:

Wow, now I'm a hippie! :lol: My hair isn't that long Actafool.
The problem with governing people with "the laws of religion" is that they don't exist. Every religion and every sub-religion has his own rules or interpretation of those rules. So that either means that you'd have to register every ones religion and try them differently, or force people to accept another religions rules. The first would be impossible, the latter would start a war. I don't think that's the way to go, Guy on the right....

About social Darwinism being the only other way... That's a load of cowpoo. I know communism still sounds like "enemy" to most Americans, but it is another way.

BTW i think democracy is another way then the one you're advocating there, and democracy works fine. (Accept for in Florida ;) :D )

I'm not saying that "everybody should do what he/she wants to do", I'm saying that people don't have the right to tell other people not to use abortion as a final means to self preservation. I don't think people should use it as "birth-control", but condoms tear, and woman can get pregnant even if on the pill. And advocating no sex at all to non-religious teenagers is foolish. They won't listen, they're teenagers.

1217 said:
jen.parabellum said:
What has the child done except be an outcome of you having unprotected sex?!? Stay on the pill, use condoms or I have a better idea: Just not have sex.
You think that's a good idea? :? I agree with you on the counts of people being responsible for staying on the pill, using condoms etc, but I don't think some people should have the right to tell others what to do and what not to do because of their personal beliefs. What you believe is your business, but I wish people judging as quick and unsubtle as you would either take the time to think over all possibilities, or at least see that they don't have the entire picture. As I said before, NO-ONE USES ABORTION AS BIRTH CONTROL! That's bs. Having an abortion is something that traumatizes the persons involved a lot. If anyone is capable of having a child removed without any difficulty, the child is better off anyway.
jen.parabellum said:
That's my personal view on it. People can disagree to their Pro-Choice hearts are content.
And we will.
jen.parabellum said:
"Abortion is advocated only by persons who have themselves been born. " - Ronald Reagan
"And Catholicism is only advocated by Catholics" - 1217 8)

Actually using abortion as birth control is not BS, 1217, i personally know of some girls who have screwed around too stupid to use protection and gotten pregnant and used abortion to get out of their "mess" to me that is birth control and abortion does not traumatize everyone.

GUNNER

Actually alot of laws are based on religion. The ten commandments, and our laws are extremely similiar.

Communism is ... sounds like hippie babble too me... another way, another crappy way. Cuz it never works, and when it does people die and it crumbles to nothing.

"I'm saying that people don't have the right to tell other people not to use abortion as a final means to self preservation." -1217

I was right, you did reply about how you shouldnt tell people what too do. I bet your next post has it to. :cowb:

Alright, ill put my 2 Shekels in.... :D

Firstly I think that when 1217 wrote:
know communism still sounds like "enemy" to most Americans, but it is another way.

He was giving a sharp reply to GuyontheRight's post:
then we must be governed by the laws of social darwinism.

I think(and hope) neither of them acctually ment what they posted.

Secondly, I pro-choice, and I dont see how I can be refered to as hippie.

Secondly,
Actually alot of laws are based on religion. The ten commandments, and our laws are extremely similiar.

Well, thats true, but the ten comandments are a much broader set of rules then some religous laws. You cant have all the religous laws aplied on all people, so there is no point in trying. Take from religion what is agreeable to most.

As long as you people see that Pro-Life people are just that, Pro-Life, and value life over comfort or quality of life, then Im happy. We are not what the liberal media makes us out to be as fascist, power hungry individuals who are trying to take away "rights". Please just understand we value things differently. BTW, abortion aint democratic, it is what it is today (In the USA) because of left wing judges who do not care what the people think.

I think that pro-life people are doing what they do with the best of intentions. Dosent make em right...But it means they are not "evil"

I'm sorry, but morality dos not belong to you, or me, for that matter. It is derived from the norms of the entire society, and since i don't think that this is an issue where the society is divided pretty evenly, you cant just go ahead and say its immoral. If let's say, 4 out of 10 people say something is OK, you cant say it's immoral. You can make it illegal, but thats copletley different.

GuyontheRight said:
Our nation would rather appreciate quality of life then life itself. If a women can kill a baby legally, why cant I kill a person legally. Heres what the left does not understand. If we are not governed by the laws of religion, the laws that say "Killing is bad, stealing is bad, etc." then we must be governed by the laws of social darwinism. There just aint no other way. So why cant I kill freely as somone would in an abortion. After all, could I not make a case that the quality of my life improved because of the life I ended? Just somthing to think about...

For the record I go to the Pro-Life marches every year.

You can kill a person legally. You can't murder them. I will not get into a religious debate, but any bible I have ever read reads "Murder" .. not "kill." There is a huge difference.

I agree, and I know what the ancient Israeli's meant when they stated "Thou shalt not kill" would better translate into "Though shalt not murder" in today's world.

I still think Americans are gonna take this issue differently than others. But the "thou shalt not kill" thing is true in this crazy modern world. :cowb:

I thought Jewish people didnt read the bible? Or that they had another holy book.

I always heard it as kill, but either way some people are gonna look at abortion as murder, and some will look at it as killing. :cowb:

Back