2nd Ammendment and New Orleans

Whispering Death

I've never felt more cozy with my 2nd Ammendment rights than reading about the lawlessness in New Orleans. That anarachist s*** hole is exactly why we law-abiding citizens are empowered to protect ourselves. Because that is one thing the decadent liberal left doesn't understand. You can not play roulette with your life and your loved ones' life gambling that every day there will be peace and order to protect you. Every once in a while the ball lands on black.

This one was going nowhere good...

All off-topic replies deleted.
Feel free to start a new thread about it, but please keep this one on-topic from now on.

Thanks.

Thank you Redleg. Yeah, if you want to discuss global warming or the preperations for the hurricane feel free to hit that "new topic" button but don't hijack mine.

I'm very serious in that my gun was the first thing I thanked god for this morning when I read all the reports about the going ons in New Orleans.

Whispering Death said:
Thank you Redleg. Yeah, if you want to discuss global warming or the preperations for the hurricane feel free to hit that "new topic" button but don't hijack mine.

I'm very serious in that my gun was the first thing I thanked god for this morning when I read all the reports about the going ons in New Orleans.

You know, New Orleans got some bad press a few years ago when a Japanese student was shot by a guy who mistook some trick or treaters for a gang, which were bad in his neighborhood. I think the Louisiana guy had a .357 or .44 magnum and the Japanese had demonstrations for the press, by shooting a melon with whatever caliber. They really got mad when the Grand Jury refused to indict the guy. The real problem was that the student had a camera in one hand and was waving it around and in the dark, the land owner didn't know what it was and was within his rights to protect himself and his property. Tragic but he was only looking out for his family.

Guns dont kill people. People kill people. Until people realize that there are consequences to their actions i.e. pulling the trigger, there will be tragedies such as that one.

But what can you do? If you strip law abiding citizens of weapons, only those who do intend to harm will have them.

Hell, the murder and rape is going nuts there. The people need something to defend themselves with. But the problem is that everything everyone had is underwater. Only the scumbags have stolen firearms from stores during the looting. Right now what these people need is to be evacuated out of there ASAP and Martial Law Declared. And yes, I don't like it. But the Law Enforcement Agencies and Military need to crack open a big can of woop A$$.

I, as an outsider, never understand why people KILL each other when they need help?

Whats wrong with those people there? I mean blacks, looters, gangs...

Don't they have any sense of decency?

Umm im not stupid but whats wrong with new orleans i just learnt its discovery and naming

Explaining 3 things:

Xander - I know, Ausie media sucks... although I am surprised they arn't laughing at us like the Germans are. New Orleans is in a state of anarchy right now as 80% of the city is under water. They had to release all the prisoners from the jails and otherwise normal people have broken into gunshops to get guns and many more have just started looting what remains of the city. This morning they had to suspend the evacuation because of gunfire at the evac busses. All search and rescue efforts have been haulted in order to protect the refugees. Coast Guard helos are grounded after taking small arms fire.

Phoenix_AIM - It's not a matter of decency neccessarily. It is getting to the point where people are shooting eachother over bottles of water. Reporters told stories of armed gunmen trying to force them to stop so the gunmen could steal the vehicle to escape the city. And all the reporters evacuated yesterday and the day before... today is even worse and tomorrow will be even more so. Pulled a quote from one of your brothers for ya. "I'm not sure I'm going to get out of here alive," said Canadian tourist Larry Mitzel, who handed a reporter his business card in case he goes missing. "I'm scared of riots. I'm scared of the locals. We might get caught in the crossfire."

5.56 - We talked about this in my journalism class on wednesday and the EiC of the college paper informed us that Louisiana law does not have a "Martial Law" statute. Basically, in that state you cannot declare martial law. They have something that is like "Martial Law Lite" but you can see how well that is doing. The mayor just put out an SOS today for every available asset to help them out. I don't know what all the legality is or if it is just a scare tactic but the Governor was crying on camera today about 300 Iraq vets who "are locked and loaded and willing to shoot" I've noticed that the governor is a little odd though so I don't know if she really knows what she is talking about ;)

My God, another excerpt.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

At least seven bodies were scattered outside the convention center, a makeshift staging area for those rescued from rooftops, attics and highways. The sidewalks were packed with people without food, water or medical care, and with no sign of law enforcement.

An old man in a chaise lounge lay dead in a grassy median as hungry babies wailed around him. Around the corner, an elderly woman lay dead in her wheelchair, covered up by a blanket, and another body lay beside her wrapped in a sheet.

"I don't treat my dog like that," 47-year-old Daniel Edwards said as he pointed at the woman in the wheelchair.

"You can do everything for other countries, but you can't do nothing for your own people," he added. "You can go overseas with the military, but you can't get them down here."

>>>>>>>>

Notice that last paragraph and you see why I have a permanent supply of water and a gun in my closet just in case.

my heart goes out to all the decent people over there who haven't let themselves seccumb to the madness.
for those who are abusing the situation, i got nothing to say to you, you're dirt

hmm time to revive that "survival kit thread" and include a life jacket?

i agree that the situation in new orleans is horrible, and people shouldnt be taking advantage of the situation. shooting people and looting is unacceptable.

but as far as the media's coverage pertaining to the masses, they make it sound like everyone there is causing problems, when they are not.
but imagine being in their shoes. your whole world is lost. no home, no clothes, no food, no water, 90 degree heat, no awareness of anything other than your own surroundings, and when you see help, you are bypassed for people that are much worse off.... but you dont know that because you have no clue whats going on or being done. of course people are irritated. of course people are edgy, unhappy and fighting.

i particularly liked the statement during the fema press conference today where he said, more or less, to the reporters, i want you to talk about how we're rescuing people, not that we are bypassing bodies, and i want you to remember that these people are living in conditions that are, no matter how bad you think yours are, way worse than you can imagine.

It is complete chaos and anarchy in the city... Why? Why is it impossible for people in such a crisis to cooperate? Is all they can think of own benefit? I mean, what the heck can you do with a 40 inch plasma TV when your home is flooded? Do not people in the US (some of them) have a sense of survival?

I was shocked when I heard doctors and nurses were targeted by sniper fire when trying to help hurt people - where exactly is the dignity of the people doing such things? What some people are doing there is nothing else than terrorism and vandalism....

I am not a religios man but tonight I will pray for the survivors in New Orleans....

Things are pretty bad even for the people who have made it out. The buses and military vehicles were turned away from the Astro Dome last night because it filled quicker than they thought. The people got back on buses and headed for the Dallas/Ft Worth area. We have a lot of large spaces to warehouse people and some places here are giving out job leads as well as food and clothing. Some of the folks have said they will relocate to North Texas which is smart. I still haven't heard from my friends in Biloxi and an Aunt & Uncle from Buras, La.

The reporter awhile ago said that the buses are stopping every now and then so the people can get out and breathe fresh air. The stench is making most of them sick. The little guys are using a diaper as long as possible and changing when it is possible, same for the old folks who are too sick to care for themselves. We cleaned as much as we could out of our closets and dropped them off for pickup and I gave a thousand dollars here at work.

It is all coming down to survival of the fittest. Those with guns will take what they want and those without will suffer. Those that took advantage of their 2nd amendment right and are still in the city (using their own firearms for protection) have my best wishes. Those that are killing indiscrimanently and for fun can fall off the face of the earth and make the world a better place. :rambo:

Marinerhodes said:
It is all coming down to survival of the fittest. Those with guns will take what they want and those without will suffer. Those that took advantage of their 2nd amendment right and are still in the city (using their own firearms for protection) have my best wishes. Those that are killing indiscrimanently and for fun can fall off the face of the earth and make the world a better place. :rambo:

Exactly. Poverty and desperation will make you steal food or break into foodstores, but not killing people randomly or get tv's and stereos from the houses.

I saw one guy about 65 years old coming out of a store with a buggy full of baby stuff. He would walk two miles and refill it with baby wipes, diapers, baby powder and lotion, baby food. Hell I'd have helped him if I was stuck there. What's the difference in handing it out on a bridge and being donated for the same purpose. At least, the items were getting to the right people.

Back