1911M1 - What do you make of this?

1911M1

I am a veteran of the Air Force. My father retired from the Air Force in 1972. My father was an E6 when he retired and he had a very high security clearance. He was the kind of seargant who worked behind vault doors. His job at times required carying a conceled weapon. Even with all this security in 1968 on armed forces day they would lock up all the secret documents and (believe it or not) would hold an open house. My fathers desk was the first desk outside the Colonel's office. My father had a red phone on his desk. No one else in the office of at least 6 enlisted men had a red phone and there were no other officers in the vault. He worked with the NSA at Fort Mead right before his retirement. Two years after his retirement in 1974 two government men came to our house looking for him. They wore all black clothing. Would anyone like to characterize or make comments on this profile of his government service?

Last edited:
Well, I think he held a Top Secret Crypto clearance. You can do a search on that but you won't find many details and he can never tell anyone as long as he lives. The Government used to have the FBI (men in black) handle interviews and briefing/debriefings but now it's probably done by CIA agents through the NSA.

Not everyone can pass the requirements of Top Secret Crypto so there won't be but one or two people in one place at one time. The highest level I have ever held is a Secret. Each level has a different color badge so you'll know to put away or cover anything on your desk when someone approaches. In our hallways, we have signs with the flag of different countries depending on who the visitors are, their National flag will be shown.

Back