Thoughts on the Russo-Ukranian War?

Putin has said something that I interpret as he has realized the war was a huge mistake and now is trying to find a way out of it.
Yeah I am not buying that for an instant.
If he wanted to end the war all he has to do is pack Ali Barbarovich and his 400000 thieves, murderers and rapists up and haul their sorry arses back over the Russian border, he doesn't need to find a way out of it as he can end it in minutes with the stroke of a pen.

His comments are a calculated effort to try and reduce western support and getting them to put pressure on Ukraine, he knows Zelensky cannot accept a frozen conflict but by appearing to want peace he hopes the west will talk Ukraine into accepting a ceasefire which means he keeps his ill-gotten gains and can start the preparations for the next attack on Ukraine.

The west needs to adopt a policy of no negotiations while Russia is occupying any Ukrainian land, stop messing around and provide Ukraine with the gear it needs to defeat Russia.

Yeah I am not buying that for an instant.
If he wanted to end the war all he has to do is pack Ali Barbarovich and his 400000 thieves, murderers and rapists up and haul their sorry arses back over the Russian border, he doesn't need to find a way out of it as he can end it in minutes with the stroke of a pen.

His comments are a calculated effort to try and reduce western support and getting them to put pressure on Ukraine, he knows Zelensky cannot accept a frozen conflict but by appearing to want peace he hopes the west will talk Ukraine into accepting a ceasefire which means he keeps his ill-gotten gains and can start the preparations for the next attack on Ukraine.

The west needs to adopt a policy of no negotiations while Russia is occupying any Ukrainian land, stop messing around and provide Ukraine with the gear it needs to defeat Russia.
You are probably right. I view it, he is trying to find his way out of this mess without falling out of a balcony or a window.

We have all been critical toward West's slow response and political obstruction. We can't demand Ukraine to be successful without providing them with the tools to be successful.

You are probably right. I view it, he is trying to find his way out of this mess without falling out of a balcony or a window.

We have all been critical toward West's slow response and political obstruction. We can't demand Ukraine to be successful without providing them with the tools to be successful.
That is the view Putin is trying to foster, he is trying to make Russia the victim in this because if he can convince the west that all he ever wanted was peace then the west will go back to sleep and he can carry on, I am prepared to bet the he desperately wants a ceasefire so that "negotiations" can drag on while he retains the occupied parts of Ukraine and within weeks his "little green men" will be stirring up trouble again.

As long as Ukraine wants to fight the west needs to support it and in order to take the fickle nature of western politics out of the equation some of this military infrastructure should be being built in Ukraine.

Personally I think Putin needs to fall out a window along with any leaders not prepared to live within their recognised borders.

I agree with what the guy says in the video you posted a few days ago. The counteroffensive failed, but that doesn't mean Ukraine has lost the war.

I agree with what the guy says in the video you posted a few days ago. The counteroffensive failed, but that doesn't mean Ukraine has lost the war.
I think the current situation is an indication the Ukraine has reached parity on the battlefield and as long as they keep receiving equipment that will remain, Russia can keep taking ground slowly as long as they are prepared to accept the casualties but how long the Russian people are prepared to tolerate the casualty rate remains to be seen.

For Ukraine to "win" however they west will need to increase its support significantly and that makes it a political football which is why I think we should be providing ways to make Ukraine self sufficient in as many areas as possible, if for example Germany can build enough liquified gas terminals in six months to remove its reliance on Russian gas then I can't see why it can't build tank plants or artillery ammunition factories in Ukraine in the same period.

This seems about right...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was looking for the Archer in Ukraine earlier today, but couldn't find any.
Btw. Russia has moved air defense systems from Kaliningrad to Ukraine

I was looking for the Archer in Ukraine earlier today, but couldn't find any.
Btw. Russia has moved air defense systems from Kaliningrad to Ukraine
Here is something...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The US congress is blocking the American aid package to Ukraine. Will the Europeans step up if the Americans step down?

Back