Yes - we germans do care...

Moranegra

Hello from Germany,

We would like to let you know that people over here in Germany (Europe)
are showing their support and compassion in whatever way they can
- this is a tribute to NEW ORLEANS! www.stillneworleans.com
Listen to our song on the site and rate it. We can take criticism ;-)
Any kind of feedback is VERY welcome!
Looking forward to many emails, coments, suggestions?!
Thank you guys!

God bless,

Jill-Evelyn

There was an editorial in the USA Today from some German Tourists who were outraghed at the comments of a few German Leaders saying the United States deserved the Hurricane.

I know that a majority of Germans do not think like Environmental Minister Jürgen Trittin. But I know a lot of Americans are going to remember what he said while hurricane victims were still standed, hurt and dying.

"The American president has closed his eyes to the economic and human damage that natural catastrophes such as Katrina -- in other words, disasters caused by a lack of climate protection measures -- can visit on his country,"

"When reason finally reaches the headquarters of the climate polluters, the international community will need to be able to extend a hand with an elaborate proposal for the future of international climate protection. The German government stands ready for this,

Those are not exactly words of compassion. There is a time and place for everything. The only other organization to say something along those lines was Al-Qaeda

"The entire Islamic world overflowed with joy when Hurricane Katrina struck in America, which seemed to reel from the strength of the hurricane and went asking for aid from all the countries of the world. Broken and completely humiliated, George Bush, a fool who is being obeyed, announced his obvious incapability to deal with the wrath of Allah that visited the city of homosexuals.

"While Louisiana is trying to recover from the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, another hurricane fiercely struck the state of North Carolina, on the Atlantic coast, but so far there have been no casualties or significant damage, as was expected. We hope that Allah will humiliate America with this hurricane to make it a lesson for whoever wants to listen.
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=19608

I do not blame the German People. But I hope you can see where a few Americans will resent the German Government for a while.

I fully agree with what Doody just said, and that is why I hoped Schroeder's government would go home.

Other than that,

Very good song, I downloaded it all and enjoyed. I'm proud of the fact that a European band thought of making a tribute to NOLA. No criticism, great job.

:salute2: :bravo:

Back