Which country do you think has the best army?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any country. Having an Armed Force, should not be a pissing contest. They all do the same job, and as long as the Armed Forces are able to provide security to their nation, then why should they be in competition with one another?

Regardless, if we are to think about this question, then we should look at several things, but mainly, are they able to effectively defend their nation? The one who is able to defend their nation better from any incoming attack, might therefore be considered the 'best'.

But, since I'm British... I'd have to go with the UK Armed Forces! :p

Cheers,

Hawky.

Last edited:
Didn't mean to offend with my question. I can't agree more that all armed forces regardless of country do a great job. I meant the question in a light hearted way. I personally would say any as long as they wear a uniform I'm sold. Having a German flag badge on the sleave improves the uniform!

I didn't mean to bite your head off with my reply. My apologies for being heavy-handed, sorry, not having the best of evenings.

I agree with Hawky in that any country able to defend itself can be considered best... soldiers are soldiers and oft-times enemies become friends in time... but the *experience* factor should come to play... meaning a country who's military is *current* in its abilities should be considered.. maybe not so much as *who is best* but rather who is *don't mess with me*... the US's military has played for *real* for a long time..... if schit were to hit the fan we'd need little lag time to get up and running.

unlike we did in WW-2 and Korea.

In terms of defense establishments and how they are perform,

A more appropriate question would have been which country has the politicians who are best at politics.

The best armed forces led by the worst leadership will never be supreme.

In terms of defense establishments and how they are perform,

A more appropriate question would have been which country has the politicians who are best at politics.

The best armed forces led by the worst leadership will never be supreme.

See the Bush Administration. "The Greatest Military Force in the World." led by such a tosser!

This is a very subjective question, leaving people bound to claim their own country as having the best army in the world. In reality it comes down to what you define as best. If you define best as "which individual Army is most likely to win a war against a foreign power?", then the answer is undoubtedly the United States. Although they have a smaller Army than the Chinese in terms of manpower, their technology is, at this time, far superior making them more likely to succeed in all out war.

If the playing field was level in terms of man power and technology the situation changes again, with the emphasis being on the skill of the Individual soldier and the strategy of the army. Here the British probably excel, having regiments like the SAS, Royal Marines and Parachute regiment with a reputation for stringent discipline and intensive training. Of course the US is not far behind with Delta Force or the Navy SEALs but the size of their special forces makes it harder to train all of the soldiers to the same level that other nations may do. The Gurkhas should probably receive and honorable mention - they fight as part of the British army but hail from Nepal, so in a way they could be seen as an unofficial Nepalese army - in which case they would be the best trained and most skilled of any Army in the world, although lacking technology and manpower, they have proved themselves time and again in conflict.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back