War or Sci-Fi book?

Damien435

Active member
What is your favorite? I like the Ender's Game series and the spinoffs myself, I must have read that book 5 times last year, and I loved it every time. I have read every book of the series and I am re-reading Shadow of the Hegemon. Orson Scott Card goes deep with his books, he must be a genious to be able to write so well about what goes on in the mind of geniouses.

Harry Turtledove is also a great writer, he however focuses more on alternate history instead of Sci-Fi. Some people say that a book about the South winning the Civil War is alternate Sci-Fi, but how can it be? it is about something that happened except with the opposite outcome. Anyways, for anybody here who likes history I must suggest Harry Turtledove, he is also a great writer and he has won many awards for his books.
 
Starship Troopers. great book.
I read Ender's Game and also one of the sequels. Actually did a high school presentation on it. Got full marks for entertainment value.
 
Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy series of course. :)

But of the serious sci-fi books I'd probably say something by Larry Niven, David Brin or Orson Scott Card.
 
I realy don't care for Sci-fi books howevr as of war books I like The Red Badge of Courage and my fav would have to be War and peace...I need to finish that book :cry:
 
Hegario said:
Cadet_Shelton said:
He who controlls the spice...

That's a great trilogy and it's given us some great computer games as well. :)
Trilogy!?
Dune: House Atreides
Dune: House Harkonnen
Dune: House Corrino
Dune
Dune Messiah
Children of Dune
Heritics of Dune
Chapterhouse Dune...
 
Cadet_Shelton said:
Hegario said:
Cadet_Shelton said:
He who controlls the spice...

That's a great trilogy and it's given us some great computer games as well. :)
Trilogy!?
Dune: House Atreides
Dune: House Harkonnen
Dune: House Corrino
Dune
Dune Messiah
Children of Dune
Heritics of Dune
Chapterhouse Dune...

Yes you heard it right. A great trilogy but the other books are IMHO pretty crappy.
 
Well I have a favourite alternative history book series, The Great War. It starts on the premise that the Confederacy won the American Civil War, and follows a second war and two world wars, with the US and Germany fighting the CS, Britain and France. Anyone read it?
 
Romero said:
Well I have a favourite alternative history book series, The Great War. It starts on the premise that the Confederacy won the American Civil War, and follows a second war and two world wars, with the US and Germany fighting the CS, Britain and France. Anyone read it?

I got the whole series. :P Have you read the American Empire series yet? Great books. can't wait to start reading about how he says WWII will be fought.
 
I've read the A E series. Great books they are. Predictable however. The Centre Cannot Hold was the last one right?
I'm going to buy the new one soon. Can't remember the name of it. I'd be surprised if the CS and Britain win.
 
Romero said:
I've read the A E series. Great books they are. Predictable however. The Centre Cannot Hold was the last one right?
I'm going to buy the new one soon. Can't remember the name of it. I'd be surprised if the CS and Britain win.
The Victorious Opposition was the last of the A E books and it has been out for over a year, but like you said, predictable.
 
Ah yes, Victorious Opposition. I've got that. What is the name of the new series, and the first book of it?
 
Back
Top