War on terror damaged rights, top jurists say (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - The United States and other countries that used torture in the so-called war on terror seriously damaged respect for basic human rights, an international panel of legal experts said Monday.

Read more...

Most recognize that the news is still biased. Out with the Bush administration in with Obama... We want Change... the propaganda will continue. Just like there are "bad apples" in every area, the idea is to get them out, and continue the good. Learn from mistakes made, and continue on...

What?

This is a news story. I think it did damage rights.

Not particularly a New news story. Concern has been around for a long time:

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Benjamin Franklin

The aspect of the war on terror having had a detrimental affect on the West, in terms of limitation of civil, political rights has been around since the beginning, even during the time when governments deemed questioning their authority was being on the side of the terrorists.

I can't see how America can take this blight off their record. I think it'll always be there, it isn't about to disappear. None the less, Obama, has a big job in restoring any sort of faith that people outside of America has, to ensure that this never happens again.

I think, Bush single handedly has certainly cost a lot of the reputation that past Presidents have been building since the escalation of interventions in Vietnam.

Back