Usmc

A Can of Man

Je suis aware
Hey all
I don't know where to ask this because I've heard all kinds of answers so I'm asking here to see if anyone here knows. Please don't throw assumptions.

There's a possibility that when I finish my tour in the RoK Marines I will want to serve in a military elsewhere.
And topping that list is USMC.
I want to know if it's actually possible.
I don't have any US papers but for those of you who have known me here a long time, you know I grew up next to Americans my whole life and more often than not my opinions were on the side of the US. But the crappy thing is I don't have any papers.
Is it possible for a foreigner to make a case to serve?
I know if you have a Green Card you can join right away but I don't have that.

Now some of you might ask me, why leave this Marine Corps and join another? Here are the reasons.
- RoKMC will most likely never see combat. I don't see the point in making a career out of a force that never fights.
- Countries that America whacks usually deserve it.
- English is my 1st language. Korean is my 2nd language. I'm only 1/4 capable here it seems. I do my job alright, but it's just that much harder and inefficient.

you will need resident papers at the very least. meaning you live in the US for a certain amount of time, that of which i dont know exactly. and w/ that you are very limited w/ the jobs you can get. but at the very least you need a residents card.

I guess you can try to marry someone with US citizenship? O__o;;
my dad did that.. before I was born so he can get greencard.. and devoced like few weeks later.. lol and she got paid..
I also heard RoK makes 30 USD.. and RoK forces will be under US control if war breaks on.. and u can see action in RoK.. 2k of the forces were sent to iraq..

Here's the lowdown on RoKMC deployment to Iraq
No one's fired a shot in anger
You can only go if you meet these requirements:
you are assigned to the 1st Marine Division and only select units within the 1st Marine Division
Your unit's turn for rotation to Iraq comes up
Your parents sign the waver that it's okay for you to get greased
Then you can go.

I meet none.

Our wage just jumped to 50 bucks a month.

Last edited:
Thanks.
I'm drunk right now with my RoKMC buddies. We are raiding Seoul.
All I want to do is to fight. Because that's what Marines are for.
:salute2:

Back