The War Of The Rats

Norwegian Viking

Anyone read this book?

It is about Stalingrad and The hero Zaitsev mostly.
The book is very interesting and exiting to read.

It has been made a movie about it to, which kinda sucked compared to the book. But it was pretty good. It's called "Enemies At The Gate

i never read the book but i saw the movie and i agree that is was pretty bad. I have been wanting to read about the eastern front though if you could recommend any other books.

of course i could use a search engine to find books on the eastern front, but i wanted someone who is also interested in the military to recommend some. it seems most internet reviews are always positive bc they just want you to buy their book.

Actually, "Enemy At The Gates" took its name from the excellent book of the same name. It's written by William Craig, and, unlike the very shoddy movie, I highly recommend it.

"The War of The Rats" is the story of the famous but disputed duel between the two snipers. The author's name is David-something or other, but I've only read the first couple chapters.

Most movie to book translations fall short. You'd be very hard pressed to find a movie that lives up to the book. It's an even rarer occasion when you have a movie surpass a book.

Haven't seen Enemy At The Gates...almost got to once. I was at Ft Benning, but I was ordered to go and do something, so I missed out on the flick.

Back