The "New" Assault Rifle

Actually I quite liked the 7.62x51, it had the legs for longer range and hit hard, it was also quite accurate. in our SLR's. I would assume a calibre of 6.5 would be a good alternative

Actually I quite liked the 7.62x51, it had the legs for longer range and hit hard, it was also quite accurate. in our SLR's. I would assume a calibre of 6.5 would be a good alternative
I think another factor to take into account is the ever improving standard of body armour.

There is a dilemma, the 5,56 has been criticized for being too weak, but nobody wants to go back to the 7,62 due to the weight and the soldier with 5,56 chambered rifle carries more ammunition than a soldier with a weapon chambered in 7.62. The militaries around the world, especially the US military has tested calibers close to the kinetic energy and the range of the 7,62 and at the same time be light so the soldiers can carry the same amount of ammunition as they can with the 5,56.

The US military has tested two calibers, the 6,5 Grendel and the 6,8 SPC and we will see if they land with the new SIG assault rifle. My personal opinion is to go for the Barrett REC 7 6,8 SPC

Back