Super DD (X) Concept

Is this a concept for a new class of warship, or something that you came up with on a design program?

EDIT: My bad. I just did a little bit of research on the DD(X) Project and it seems that this is the design for a new class of warship being designed by Northrop Grumman. If you want some more info about the project, you can go to:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/dd-x.htm

There seems to be some interesting things about the DD(X) project.

NCdt Steliga said:
Is this a concept for a new class of warship, or something that you came up with on a design program?

EDIT: My bad. I just did a little bit of research on the DD(X) Project and it seems that this is the design for a new class of warship being designed by Northrop Grumman. If you want some more info about the project, you can go to:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/dd-x.htm

There seems to be some interesting things about the DD(X) project.

Nay, this is no Northrop Grumman's DD (X). Actually, I think NG's DD (X) is way too technologically advanced. If they are going to come up with a complete DD(X) system design and 11 engineering development models (EDM) by 2005, it will be no differ than another Comanche or SSN-21, it will be highly costy and its conceptional ship-board weaponries will not be integrated into ship design until at least 2010. It will also create a gap between DD21 and DDG51. I think what Navy really needed is to have a Transitional Surface Combat Vessel, with current weaponry and limited conceptional design. It has the similar ANSWS arrangement to that of CG-47's, and is supposed to carry two Remote Minehunting Systems (RMSs) and a Dry Deck Shelters (DDSs) using two modules mounted at the bottom of the ANSWS's outer hull.
The ANSWS is just my concept of the TSCV. It's designed in AutoCAD2005 and rendered by Cinema 4D 9XL.

Think this is the one that Kockums is working on (maker of Visby). They are helping Northrop Grumman's with the hull. Can't see the pictures though so I dont know if that ship is the one they are building :(

The DD(X) that Northrop Grumman's is building is going to be built with Visby in mind. :) Atleast thats what I read in a press release.

Back