Responsibility

Ive got a suggestion to make, but I dont know if it will work or not. Why not give some of the responsibility of keeping a topic clean to the person who started it. Not all of the responsibility, just some of it. Heres the thought process that comes with this idea, If you start a discussion, you should make a civil and well-founded statement or statements to support you topic, otherwise the moderaters or the Administrator locks the topic. So, right there,some of the responsibility is already layed on the individual in charge of writing the topic. Thus, why not give that said individual the duty to see that there fellow forum members keep the discussion clean. If the topic gets out of hand the topics starter can ask for it to be locked, politely of course.

Tim.

The idea has merit, but it would be far too easily abused by some people. I know my opinion is semi-irrelevant, but that's my 2 cents anyways.

In a "perfect" world that may have worked, but I'm afraid (and experience has shown) that it doesn't work very well here, or in any other forums for that matter...

We do let some of the topics wander off a bit, and you can find a "report post" button on every post, so we do allow it to a certain extent.

Back