Register to see forums?

If you look at the online list again you'll see that many of those "guests" are Search Engine spiders, and I don't think they'll want to join us.. :)

Besides

Registering is a pain, it takes time. Most people won't do it if they don't already know something is worth the effort. I know when I hit a website that won't even let me see a little hint of what's on it without registering I X that sucker right off my screen. Giving folks a little taste might entice them to register.

I don't think you can search the forums until you register, can you? So that might bring a lot of people into the "community," just wanting to have that ability. Eventually, they might see something that strikes their interest and gets them to post.

PJ24 said:
I don't think you can search the forums until you register, can you? So that might bring a lot of people into the "community," just wanting to have that ability. Eventually, they might see something that strikes their interest and gets them to post.
I just checked and it was possible to search the forum for guests.
I've disabled it now, since it sounds like a good way of getting more people to join us..
Thanks. :)

Redleg said:
I just checked and it was possible to search the forum for guests.
I've disabled it now, since it sounds like a good way of getting more people to join us..
Thanks. :)

Heh, deviousness is my forte! :twisted:

How come registering is pain? I registered during one day and posted the same day and got banned the same day!!.. yeah, I got tales hehe.. :lol:

Also, most of the new mebers who join, are not as active. You see some of them introduce themselves and just forget about it the second day.. The REAL active members are those who visit this site each day.. But also, sometimes people are busy etc etc..
anyway..

MightyMacbeth said:
How come registering is pain? I registered during one day and posted the same day and got banned the same day!!.. yeah, I got tales hehe.. :lol:
Yes we know Mighty.:wink:

Also, most of the new mebers who join, are not as active. You see some of them introduce themselves and just forget about it the second day.. The REAL active members are those who visit this site each day.. But also, sometimes people are busy etc etc..
anyway..
Welcome to the world of my message board.:-|

That's how it is in almost every forum..
A while ago I deleted almost 2,500 members that hadn't activated their accounts and/or posted a single post since they registered.
We would have around 5,200 members here now if I didn't do that...:neutral:
(But what use are members that never post anyway....)

Heck it gives people that want to be members of the military forum a chance to get a username they like.

Back