Quike Q?

Redbulls1

What happend to iraq at the end of WWII

i have to write a report on why iraqs problems began at the end of WWII
i am pretty sure my teacher is full of s%*$ about iraqs problems starting at the end of WWII

:sniper:anyone got any info i can use?

Since Iraq's current problems with the West started after the invasion of Kuwait (by Iraq) it may be worth looking into the validity of Kuwait as a nation. Many have suggested not only that the invasion of Iraq by the West was illegal but the invasion of Kuwait by Saddam was not!

"In the Anglo-Ottoman Convention of 1913, the British concurred with the Ottoman Empire in defining Kuwait as an "autonomous caza" of the Ottoman Empire and that the Shaikhs of Kuwait were not independent leaders, but rather qaimmaqams (provincial sub-governors) of the Ottoman government. After World War I, the Ottoman Empire was financially crippled and the invading British forces invalidated the Anglo-Ottoman Convention, declaring Kuwait to be an "independent sheikhdom under British protectorate."
Oil later transformed Kuwait into one of the richest countries in the Arab peninsula and in 1953 the country became the largest exporter of oil in the Persian Gulf. This massive growth attracted many immigrant labourers who were rarely granted citizenship. Having amassed great wealth, Kuwait was the first of the Persian Gulf Arab states to declare independence, on June 19, 1961. This declaration was challenged by Iraq which claimed that Kuwait was an integral part of Iraqi territory. It threatened to invade Kuwait but was deterred by the British, who flew in troops"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuwait

Back