Question

vampire101

Hey im in JROTC and in my PT atleast for my company my company commander told me that us girls cant hold our hands outward when we do the running in place for some reason our company commander who is also a female says that us girls will hit ourselves in the eyes yet the guys hold their arms out when running in place I mean honestly dont you think if girls were hitting themselves in the eyes that guys would be too???????

Let me start out by saying the women ar different than men physically, ahem yes we all know this. Also some women are more "well endowed" than others. This can create a distraction for other members of the platoon/squad/company etc etc.

Now to discuss the physical problems. Some women being more "well endowed" can actually develop problems if they do not use the proper support. Much like a man should use a jockstrap when running or doing vigorous PT so should a woman use similar support for her upper body.

I'm sorry, I just want to laugh right now....

But I wont.

Women and men are different and just because we are in a military like setting does not mean that everything will be the same for both sex's. With that said, get used to it, there will be times when we have to do things a little differently.... mayeb if you are not as big on top you can have a personal talk with your commander and ask thet you do it like the guys, if not just live with it.

Back