Presidential Security

Lamm

I have a question. I have a friend who is in DEP and is signed up for Presidential Security. I was wondering if there was in fact such an MOS, or atleast can you have that MOS right off the bat/is it available as a primary MOS? I searched around did not see anything.
Thanks,
Lamm

Bravo Sierra = B S = you-know-what

Ditto here re: slapping him upside the head. All US Presidential Security is handled by US Secret Service and no one else. Although, now that I think about it, he could be assigned to the unit that handles "security" for Marine One, but that would technically be the Presidential detail, which is a different thing -- more ceremonial in nature. Even then, it's still USSS's responsibility for the POTUS's actual security.

Last edited:
Lamm said:
I have a question. I have a friend who is in DEP and is signed up for Presidential Security. I was wondering if there was in fact such an MOS, or atleast can you have that MOS right off the bat/is it available as a primary MOS? I searched around did not see anything.
Thanks,
Lamm

He is either very confused....or he is lying.

I've done some more research and what I've come up with is this:
"The UW or YW program is a Security Forces job guarantee. This means you will be trained as an 03XX. You will complete recruit training, School of Infantry and Security Force training and then be assigned an 03XX MOS to provide security for Navy/MC interests. You will need to be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance and meet all of the other moral criteria for the assignment.

The job guarantee does not guarantee you Marine Barracks 8&I! You may get that assignment or presidential security if vacancies exist. So, you are not guarantted anything beyond serving in a security force position. Assignment to security forces is generally a two-year assignment and will be your first assignment following training."
I got that from here
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/ar...php/t-368.html

What do y'all think?
Thanks,
Lamm

As far as I know, Yankee White (8th&I) screening starts at bootcamp. It's a lot of picky stuff, from body size to height. Squeaky clean backgrounds, PFT scores, etc.

Like the others have said, there's no guarantee for it. I think your friend is confused as to what is actually going to happen. He's not been prescreened for it, he'll have to qualify.

A TS clearance is required, and let me just tell you, those are a pain in the butt.

It's not really a 'security' detail, but more of a ceremonial one.

Back