Now We're Paying OF Tango Bravo? What Utter Nonsence!

Spaniard

Banned
I Told many that our Brave and proud soldiers in Afghanistan are dieing for nothing and in vane. The Majority of coalition forces will pull out in
2011 and the Tango Bravo will endup in the end controlling Afghanistan again, not counting the Billions of dollars Afghan officials have pocketed up
to now! I think we should pull out and let them deal with their own mess. Now on the News Yesterday you hear this,

Paying off the Taliban - Incentive or Bribe? Is this some kind of a sick Joke?

How the US army protects its trucks – by paying the Taliban

Insurance, security or extortion? The US is spending millions of dollars in Afghanistan to ensure its supply convoys get through
and it's the Taliban who profit.

This sickens me, it makes me want to vomit. Therefore I provided the Links so you can read for yourselves.

Last edited:
From my POV this is abit as taking a loan: Taking it to consume something, in the business world I live in, is an absolute no-no. Taking it for an investment in something bigger, is ok, just part of the overall cost/calculation.

Now, I was a big fan before the Iraq war to offer every Iraq sold 1 Million $ and safe haven for him and his family (not necessarily in the US), and, with the numers of Iraqui soldiers then, and the cost we saw later, I still years later think this would have saved us the world monetary crisis, lives of 7k coalition soldiers, and around 1 Million civilian lives in Iraq (and the hate their family members will use as fuel); overall might have been a good, investive idea.

Paying for getting convoys through, OTOH, is - while saving your own soldiers lives - counter productive on the long run, you pay for something to consume, nothing will come from it, no investment that I can see; ENY laughs his head off, and then you face a better armed (*ENY* gets his money for investing!) faction next time...?

Just thinking aloud,

Rattler

I'm not all too surprised if it were true.
It happens in other parts of the world where insurgencies and counter insurgencies are involved. Piracy and certain independence movements included.
Aceh is the one example I know off the top of my head.
http://newsdesk.org/2005/01/focus_beyond_th/
That's just a small part of the whole thing.
The paying of pirates off Somalia would be a more well known example.

Back