Need help with insignia recognition

Dida

First of all i'm glad to finaly found forum about military stuff and second of all i'm sorry if i'm posting to wrong section but i realy need some help. My father was in Croatian-Serbian war '90-'95, at that time we (family) were in Germany where we live now. He never talked about war cuz he lost few of hes best friends and hes arm. Now, he has past away 3 months ago and i found some insignia and medals from that time. Since i don't know anything about him at that time (i was like 2 yo then) i have to ask you to tell me (if u can ofc) what does this insignia means, also i'll post pictures of medals later cuz i don't know the either. I did some quickdraw in paint cuz i dun have camera here and other i found on net with no explanation what is it. i hope u can help me

logoay.jpg
markm.png

The first is a Croatian Special Forces patch - it is identical to the US patch with the exception of the SF tab. The second is the rank insignia for a Captain (satnik) in the Croatian military.

Actual USSF patch has 3 lightning bolts and an "Airborne" rocker.
Teal Blue with yellow lightning.
The "SPECIALFORCES" long tab is for SF qualified folks only.
Support people assigned to group wear the patch without longtab.
The Airborne rocker is integral to the patch and it is never displayed without it.

The actual Croatian patch is different from what was displayed above; it's basically the US patch without the tab/rocker.

Back