may or may not be here for a while

wolfen

Or at least till Monday or Tuesday, I have connection issues, which Cox communication needs to replace a cable from the pole to my house to fix, I have had this problem since Wednesday and called them several times, tech's have been in and out of my house ever since and none of them know squat about their job, so until that 250' piece of cable gets replaced I may not be here.

Rob I know that has to make you smile a little since you won;'t have to correct my mispelled words LMAO

Well they sent a kid out today, I'm serious this guy had to be too young to even drink a beer, after a month of dealing with this slowdown crap, I finally have it fixed. Of course I got Dish Network installed yesterday because of the lack of intelligence from Cox Communications. But the kid they send out today hooked a electronic device to my inbound cable, then my modem, then back outside to my inbound cable, looked up in the tree, cut my cable going to the modem installed a limiter, he tells me I have a signal that is high enough to fry my modem, and no tx or rx, so he goes back outside and opened the box the cable goes into its an old phone/cable tv/ internet box, he unscrews a wire, cuts it installs a new connector and a cable filter so I can't get cable since I canceled it today and removed the converter boxes, and fixes a few different things in there, makes three phone calls, informed me that the trees will be cut back away from my cable line within two days, then he wil return to replace my cable only because its old, its now got a new end on each end, but he will replace it anyway:) he goes away, I go to the store, he calls my cell phone and informs me that theirs a line truck two streets away from my house, and that he spoke with the guy on eh truck, this other guy has been working by himself for a week in my neighbor hood fixing the MAIN LINE, he fixed the main lione the kid fixed my cable problem and now I have the lowest level of high speed that cox offers, and its fast as hell again, me and the kid BOTH want to know why I was never informed in the 10 times I have called cox that there was line maintenance going on in my neighborhood, the kid apologies to me for eth inconvenience and lack of communication between my and the main office, he gave me his card, and says if there's any more problems call him directly so he can look at his laptop and know whats wrong right then. I immediately called his supervisor and demanded that this young man get a raise and a promotion.

Oh btw dumping cox cable tv and going with Dish Network is the best move I have ever made, with cox HD I can see the blades of grass in a football game, with Dish Network I can see the dirt under the grass :)

So Rob I'm back find the one mispelled word if you can :)

Last edited:
Well they sent a kid out today, I'm serious this guy had to be too young to even drink a beer, after a month of dealing with this slowdown crap, I finally have it fixed. Of course I got Dish Network installed yesterday because of the lack of intelligence from Cox Communications. But the kid they send out today hooked a electronic device to my inbound cable, then my modem, then back outside to my inbound cable, looked up in the tree, cut my cable going to the modem installed a limiter, he tells me I have a signal that is high enough to fry my modem, and no tx or rx, so he goes back outside and opened the box the cable goes into its an old phone/cable tv/ internet box, he unscrews a wire, cuts it installs a new connector and a cable filter so I can't get cable since I canceled it today and removed the converter boxes, and fixes a few different things in there, makes three phone calls, informed me that the trees will be cut back away from my cable line within two days, then he wil return to replace my cable only because its old, its now got a new end on each end, but he will replace it anyway:) he goes away, I go to the store, he calls my cell phone and informs me that theirs a line truck two streets away from my house, and that he spoke with the guy on eh truck, this other guy has been working by himself for a week in my neighbor hood fixing the MAIN LINE, he fixed the main lione the kid fixed my cable problem and now I have the lowest level of high speed that cox offers, and its fast as hell again, me and the kid BOTH want to know why I was never informed in the 10 times I have called cox that there was line maintenance going on in my neighborhood, the kid apologies to me for eth inconvenience and lack of communication between my and the main office, he gave me his card, and says if there's any more problems call him directly so he can look at his laptop and know whats wrong right then. I immediately called his supervisor and demanded that this young man get a raise and a promotion.

Oh btw dumping cox cable tv and going with Dish Network is the best move I have ever made, with cox HD I can see the blades of grass in a football game, with Dish Network I can see the dirt under the grass :)

So Rob I'm back find the one mispelled word if you can :)
Well, neighborhood is one word, but other than that... *sniffle* It's beautiful.

Pride cause you found a misspelled word? LOL

Sevens I think it might be fixed for a long time, that kid called my cell phone today to see if my internet was still as fast, when I told him I was at work, he used his laptop to check and make sure I was moving at the speed I should be moving at. he said he'd call back in a day or two, this man is the kind of person we need more of in this country.

Last edited:
Back