Just posted a video of me

lol thanks. As you can see I'm a big fan of the M249... and the M4... and the M203... and the M14... and the M107. I even threw in a little AK-74 action at the start. Notice how new that weapon looked? That was in the early days of the war when you could still get your hands on the good Republican Guard storage. Got me an AK 74 an AKS 74U and a Browning High Power and carried them the whole tour. Fantastic weapons and blows the old Iraqi made AKM variants out of the water for accuracy and reliability. These were brand new in package 74s with tins of Russian marked 5.45x39... ah the good old days

I have never fired a 74, I have shot a 47 though. Is it a dream? You have to love that "tat-tat-tat" Yea it looked clean from what I could see. Can you scope those? Do they have rails?

The ones I had didn't have provisions for scope mounting. I had the standard 74 with the cleaning kit in the stock and all plastic furniture and a 74U with the standard side folding stock. Both were accurate and enjoyable to shoot even on auto. The 5.45 feels very similar to the 5.56 as far as recoil is concerned. At the time I was still using an M16 so the 74U was great in our vehicles. With the stock folded it's only 19 inches long and it only weighs 5.5lbs so it was ideal from a mounted platform. Unfortunately the Army has since banned us from using weapons that we find here.

Back