Just a couple basic stories

loosekanen

I just graduated basic in March of '04 and I want to pass some of these stories before they leave my mind.

One story in particular relates to the fact that one morning our drill sgts found a turd in one of the toilets in the morning. That night, instead of my scheduled fireguard shift, I was dressed in full battle gear with a toilet brush instead of my dummy weapon on what was a full hour of " :cen: er guard" making sure the toilets where nicely scrubbed after everyone dumped.

Another story involves my stupidity during phase testing. I had blown through the things I considered to take some effort and I was doing the communications test which I figured was going to be about the easiet one at the site. I get up to start my communication, start reading off the card, and then look up and see the drill sgt holding the cord to the receiver that I hadn't plugged in. He proceeded to grab the receiver, clap me on the kevlar with it, and send me to the retread tent. Everyone has a stupid moment at basic, even the most educated. Nobody is above it. :D

loosekanen said:
Everyone has a stupid moment at basic, even the most educated. Nobody is above it. :D

from what i've read on this forum and heard from my dad that is true :lol:

funny stuff

Back