Joining the Marines

BlackGhost

I know you guys hear this all the time, but I tried doing a search and unfortunately I wasn't able to work it properly (my fault).

Tomorrow I go and finish signing my paper work and then on Friday I go down to the MEDS, hopefully I'll check out fine since there is nothing wrong with me as far as I know.

Just some quick questions. What is the best way to prepare for boot camp? Right now I can run several miles, do push ups, etc. but I have problems doing pull-ups. Any advice? I'm going to the pull-up bar every other day and I try to do what I can and I can tell that I'm improving but I want to make sure I can at least do 15 before I go in and I'm at 1 right now (i'm dead). I'm pretty tall therefore I have some long arms and it sucks for me when I weigh in at 210lbs and I have to extend all the way. Among other things I'm running up and down the stadium bleachers since I'm assuming I'll be running up and down hills.

I've already took my ASVAB and scored a 67, kind of low since I'm 22 now and been out of school for about 4 years. Any good jobs that you see me able to try for that would help me when I come back out into the real world after the military?

Also just curious, what does it take to be part of the United States special operation forces? Is it just purely invitation only or do they look/grade you on how you do in boot camp? Does it matter what branch your in?

Thanks in advance for any info you could provide me with.

:rambo:

FOR THE PULL UPS DO AS MANY AS YOU CAN ALL DAY LONG, WHILE IN BOOT CAMP YOU WILL PT EVERDAY AND YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT WHILE GAINING MUSCLE SO IT WILL GET EASIER, AND DONT WORRY ABOUT RUNNING UP BLEACHERS IT IS A WASTE OF TIME YOU NEED TO RUN A MINIMUM OF 3 MILES A DAY AND SING CADENCES TO GET YOUR ENDURANCE UP, THE ONLY TIME YOU BE ON HILLS AND MOUNTAINS IS WHEN YOUR IN THE SECOND PHASE OF BOOT CAMP DOING YOUR INFANTRY TRAINING AND DOING YOUR HUMPS (HIKES), AND FOR SPECIAL FORCES DON'T WORRY ABOUT HOW YOU DID IN BOOT CAMP, JUST GO AND TRY OUT FOR WHAT EVER TYPE OF SPECIAL FORCES YOU WANT TO JOIN (SCOUT SNIPER, RECON, FORCE RECON, OR FAST), AND GOOD LUCK IN THE MARINE CORPS,

SEMPER FI

Back