Ismalists vs pirates

The enemy of my enenmy is my friend? So who's the ally?

At the end of the day Al Qaeda are terrorists, whihc means they are criminals, as are pirates. This is simply a case of crime families muscling in on each other, the main problem being that it is happening so far away; geographically speaking, from the concerned parties. So nothing will happen until one or the other is firmly entrenched and we in the West will continue to wring our hands and bemoan the fact that poor people around the world do not understand that we're doing our best for them and they must not support people who are antithetical to our beliefs, even if they bring hard currency and prosperity to the local area.

The Pirates will pay tribute to AQ. Both are Islamic AQ won't stop the Pirate activity they will support it.

AQI has used drug sales to fund operations in Iraq. They wil tolerate ANY behavior as long as it has the potential to further their goals. Hypocricy has nothing to do with it.

A lot of the pirates are muslim anyhow so wtf, should have fed the fish with them when we had the chance.

The Pirates will pay tribute to AQ. Both are Islamic AQ won't stop the Pirate activity they will support it.

Perhaps in the very beginning, but in the long term I don't think this relationship will last long. The Pirates do what they do for financial gain, they live a lifestyle thats not very "islamic" including smoking, drinking, listening to music etc. Sooner or later AQ will not tolerate this and will try and "impose" its values like it did in the Sudan, Iraq and Afghanistan, and thats when the shooting will start because I don't see these pirates willingly give up the good life, especially to a group of outsiders. Most of the pirates origins were of fisherman not religious nutballs.

This is exactly what happened in Iraq between the local Sunnis and Al-Qaeda under Zarqawi. There were both allied against the US until AQ started impose its religious views on peoples lives. All it took was an atrocity under the guise of religion or two and the Sunnis decided they were far better off with the Americans than with AQ and actually turned on them.

Remember they might both be muslim, but AQ is extremely racist (a common view in Whabbi Sunni Muslims) and therefore views blacks as second-class subhuman beings whose lives are completely expendable. If AQ thinks the blacks are simple to going to submit to the AQ leash they have another thing coming.

Its a relationship that wont last. Al Qaeda has never been able to remain a stable relationship with any outside group including the Taliban.

Last edited:
Back