camel_spider_sm.jpg

:shock: From http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_camel_spider.htm

My God.

Hi,

zm_zoomin.5.1.jpg

zm_zoomin.5.3.jpg

zm_zoomin.5.4.jpg

zm_zoomin.5.6.jpg

The wind scorpion has been called the official arachnid of the war in Iraq. One soldier described it as the "most grotesque-looking thing you've ever seen," and several legends have grown up around it. For example, it is said that the creature runs more than 25 miles (40 kilometers) an hour, makes noises like a screaming baby, and warrants the name camel spider because it scampers onto camels' stomachs and feeds on them until their intestines fall out—none of which are true. The wind scorpion actually runs about a mile an hour, makes no noise at all, and eats small desert creatures like insects and lizards. Its formidable appearance has long fascinated troops in the area: During World War I, soldiers stationed in Egypt staged fights between captive wind scorpions and placed bets on the outcome.

:hide: :hide:

Peace
-=SF_13=-

SwordFish_13 said:
During World War I, soldiers stationed in Egypt staged fights between captive wind scorpions and placed bets on the outcome.

What a cruel cruel thing to do...
I'm glad those things doesn't happen today... :hide: :roll:

Redleg said:
SwordFish_13 said:
During World War I, soldiers stationed in Egypt staged fights between captive wind scorpions and placed bets on the outcome.

What a cruel cruel thing to do...
I'm glad those things doesn't happen today... :hide: :roll:

Yeah I find it cruel too. I hope it doesn't happen today 8)

Come on, folks. If anyone was pitting these spiders against each other today, we'd probably end up with a picture of some GI holding a dead one with a live one eating it's guts.

:shock:

Back