How I Know Marines are Hardcore

DefiantCdr

Yesterday at my Squadron's Annual Review, one of my friends told me a story about what he saw during our Squadron's trip to Washington last year. The Squadron was visiting the reflecting pool, and it was my CO's turn to be in uniform (when we tour only one officer is in uniform per day, and the cadets are in Sqn sweaters and jeans). All of them were a little excited to see a marine walking by in full uniform, with his arm around his girlfriend.

When he saw the Major, he literally pushed his girlfriend out of the way so he could salute (she must have gone a good 2-3 feet). It was the most entertaining thing I ever heard of. She must have been military as well, because she reacted fairly well considering. :)

Last edited:
its all about priorities! start girlfreind-training (boot-camp) early and you should be coverd if suchs incidents happens. ;)

He was displaying an inappropriate degree of "Public Displays of Affection". He was probably trying to keep from getting chewed on rather then be hardcore.

He was displaying an inappropriate degree of "Public Displays of Affection". He was probably trying to keep from getting chewed on rather then be hardcore.

I never thought about it like that! I'll pass that bit of information on to the Sgt who told me the story. :D

Back