help me please

duckhunter

hello to those reading this, i need advice. my family says i have too much potential to join the military. i would like to be a special ops, marine recon, or navy seal. i want to be a part of something that my grandfather gave his life to. i feel that my potential can be best served in the military. i get straight a's in school. oh im sixteen. and i want to be a trauma sugeon. but i have hunted and shot all my life (mybaby rugar sr 556). i am familiar with weaponry and terrain. i am six one and 175 lbs. i can bench 300. i feel physically capable. heres the kicker... i stabbed myself twice a couple years back as a suicide attempt. i have made a full recovery and i have surpassed the average teen with my social levels now. i am happy with my life. i want to be something. will the military let me join because i did stab myself? should i pursue my doctoral or do what i feel i was born to do? i could really use some advice from some of you war dogs, thank you so much...

If you couldn´t cope with civilian life and tried to kill yourself how can you expect to be an asset to your Team in the military?
Service will if nothing else test your mental stamina and intestinal fortitude.
People do experience things way out of the ordinary.
IMHO your mental health is nothing you should gamble on.

//KJ.

I think an attempted suicide would be a red flag.

Let me put it this way: if you had a kid, you probably wouldn't be too happy with having him join the military especially in a combat arms MOS.
But you're lucky because at least your folks are straight with you about not wanting you to join.
At the end of the day, it's your decision. The rest of the folks will have to learn to live with it. Or not.

HERE IS YOUR HELP - LOOK WITHIN NOT WITHOUT!!!

:sleep:
hello to those reading this, i need advice. my family says i have too much potential to join the military. i would like to be a special ops, marine recon, or navy seal. i want to be a part of something that my grandfather gave his life to. i feel that my potential can be best served in the military. i get straight a's in school. oh im sixteen. and i want to be a trauma sugeon. but i have hunted and shot all my life (mybaby rugar sr 556). i am familiar with weaponry and terrain. i am six one and 175 lbs. i can bench 300. i feel physically capable. heres the kicker... i stabbed myself twice a couple years back as a suicide attempt. i have made a full recovery and i have surpassed the average teen with my social levels now. i am happy with my life. i want to be something. will the military let me join because i did stab myself? should i pursue my doctoral or do what i feel i was born to do? i could really use some advice from some of you war dogs, thank you so much...
"THE PIONEERS OF A WARLESS WORLD ARE THE YOUTH THAT REFUSE MILITARY SERVICE". :ALBERT EINSTEIN!!!!!!!! DO YOU KNOW THAT 3/4 OF THE HOMELESS UP UNTIL RECENTLY WERE VIET NAM VETS. NOW THEY WILL BE IRAQI VETS IF THEY DO NOT COMMIT SUICIDE FIRST. DO NOT WATCH ANYMORE JOHN WAYNE MOVIES. WAR IS HELL! THE U.S. GOV. CARES NOTHING FOR THE VETS AND WE DO NOT NEED ANYMORE KILLING. LOOK WITHIN NOT WITHOUT THE PRESENT WORLD IS SICK BEYOND IMAGINATION. TRY ANY TYPE OF SPIRITUAL PRACTICE LIKE BREATH, MEDITATION OR READING GREAT THINKERS WHO WERE ANTI-WAR. REALITY IS NOT REAL. ITS IS AN ILLUSION CREATED FOR US BY THE "SHADOW GOV." WAR,MEDIA,ECONOMICS AND RELIGION IS HOW THE ELITES CONTROL US. WE ARE PUPPETS AND THEY PULL OUR STRINGS, PLEASE AWAKEN, BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE FOR ALL OF US.

Last edited:
"THE PIONEERS OF A WARLESS WORLD ARE THE YOUTH THAT REFUSE MILITARY SERVICE". :ALBERT EINSTEIN!!!!!!!! DO YOU KNOW THAT 3/4 OF THE HOMELESS UP UNTIL RECENTLY WERE VIET NAM VETS. NOW THEY WILL BE IRAQI VETS IF THEY DO NOT COMMIT SUICIDE FIRST. DO NOT WATCH ANYMORE JOHN WAYNE MOVIES. WAR IS HELL! THE U.S. GOV. CARES NOTHING FOR THE VETS AND WE DO NOT NEED ANYMORE KILLING. LOOK WITHIN NOT WITHOUT THE PRESENT WORLD IS SICK BEYOND IMAGINATION. TRY ANY TYPE OF SPIRITUAL PRACTICE LIKE BREATH, MEDITATION OR READING GREAT THINKERS WHO WERE ANTI-WAR. REALITY IS NOT REAL. ITS IS AN ILLUSION CREATED FOR US BY THE "SHADOW GOV." WAR,MEDIA,ECONOMICS AND RELIGION IS HOW THE ELITES CONTROL US. WE ARE PUPPETS AND THEY PULL OUR STRINGS, PLEASE AWAKEN, BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE FOR ALL OF US.

THIS IS HELP???

babsvet shut your trap.

You are not helping in any way.

Haha, wow.
I haven´t seen that much bollocks in one post since.....Well since ever..
Please provide sources for your statements.

//KJ.

WATCH "LOOSE CHANGE" WITH AN OPEN MIND. TRY THE 1ST CUT FIRST IT IS EASIER TO UNDERSTAND. YOU CAN FIND IT ON GOOGLE VIDEO. THE REAL VERSION IS OVER 1 HR. LONG. THEN WE WILL TALK.
BABS

WATCH "LOOSE CHANGE" WITH AN OPEN MIND. TRY THE 1ST CUT FIRST IT IS EASIER TO UNDERSTAND. YOU CAN FIND IT ON GOOGLE VIDEO. THE REAL VERSION IS OVER 1 HR. LONG. THEN WE WILL TALK.
BABS

Haha, no we won´t talk as long as you post a prapaganda film on the internet as your most credible source.

Now if you have any official sources for anything of what you stated, bring em on..
Conspiracys are everywhere..Infact, time to put the tin foil hat on and go to sleep.

So in summary, If you take the blue pill you'll wake up and this will all have just been a dream. But if you take the red pill, you can see just how far the rabbit hole goes. I watched the Matrix too Babs. It was just a movie.

Well you stabbing yourself may flag something up.

Now I'm no army expert, I'm only 15 myself, but I would say go for what you want to do. Not what others want you to do. If you would rather be a surgeon be a surgeon. Why not be a surgeon in the army? Mix the two together? Yet if you were to join the army it could be a life changing experience.

"my family says i have too much potential to join the military."

In other words, what they're saying is that you're "too good" for the military and that the military is only for the losers and rejects of society. Whether you're suited for the military is one question, but the fact that they are elitist snobs who don't even seem to appreciate the sacrifices that all those other "people with little or no potential" have made for THEM makes me think their opinions aren't worth the paper they are not printed on.:cheers:

help me please
Before we can help you, you must first help yourself.

hello to those reading this, i need advice. my family says i have too much potential to join the military.
Ok, who's running your life? You or them? Do you also date girls they want you to date? What about sports? Do you play the sports they want you to play?

What I'm trying to get you to think about is if it's your life, why let others tell you how to run it?

i would like to be a special ops, marine recon, or navy seal. i want to be a part of something that my grandfather gave his life to.
I think the first thing is enlist, and go from there. Nothing more you can do at this point. Well, I take that back, until you enlist you can always push harder in class. Keep your nose clean and see if the recruiter has a youth program going. If not, check out the Elks, IOOF, and the American Legion. Your recruiter can help you find a group if he/she doesn't have one going.

i feel that my potential can be best served in the military. i get straight a's in school. oh im sixteen. and i want to be a trauma sugeon. but i have hunted and shot all my life (mybaby rugar sr 556). i am familiar with weaponry and terrain. i am six one and 175 lbs. i can bench 300. i feel physically capable.
All of that and, oh wait! You're 16! You're familar with weaponry and terrain? Hunting guns or assault weapons? Terrain? In your backyard, your local mountains, or have you been to Iraq, Turkey, Afghanistan, Kenya, or Kuwait?

heres the kicker... i stabbed myself twice a couple years back as a suicide attempt. i have made a full recovery and i have surpassed the average teen with my social levels now.
There is a huge difference between stabbing yourself and surpassing the average teen with social levels.

i am happy with my life. i want to be something. will the military let me join because i did stab myself?
Don't go around telling people about it. Be honest with the recruiter, and if you make it to MEPS they'll likely do a psychological evaluation. And then they'll decide.

should i pursue my doctoral or do what i feel i was born to do? i could really use some advice from some of you war dogs, thank you so much...
Being young has it's problems, I know. BTDT. If you don't make up your mind right away, just go to college and get a degree in math or psychology. Either of those two are great degrees to have, if you havn't set your sights yet.

Dude, as a military veteran I can say you MUST do what YOU want to do, not what your parents want you to do. If you feel like you can be an asset to the military, go for it, the worst they can say is no. Your unsuceswsful suicide attempt might prevent you from joining or doing certain jobs or holding certain security clearences.
ALSO the military might cause you to have another suicide attempt, OR it may totally get ANY though or ever doing it again out of your mind.
But if you can't join don't let it get your down, go to college and earn a degree, then help the military as a civilian contractor.

"Those that lecture soldiers about war are neither educated nor sensible - to state an opinion is divine. To be a coward and refuse to serve your country is not a principle, it is a yellow streak and theivery from the orphans we defend in your absence while you quake under your bridge."

~ AZ_Infantry, 28 Dec 2009

Oh, and none of your facts are. In fact, your facts are not even close to being facts. 75%, eh? Have any proof of that? You know: cited, CREDIBLE proof? Because the NAEH, the country's largest homeless advocate group, disagrees with you by about 40 percentage points. As does the Veterans Administration, who may have just a bit of insight concerning veteran homeless rates.

And your opening quote was originally attributed to Plato, not Einstein, Einstein. Einstein was quoting him.

And I would just LOVE to know how my government is treating me bad. I am well respected here, the food is out of this world, I get brand-new clothes, free Internet and a comnfortable bed and... 100% free medical care. And on top of that, they pay me $7.25 an hour, 100% tax free, to sit on my duff and help other veterans.

I wonder who has the real problem, here? Who needs to know facts? Who is, in fact, the true puppet of a bunch of outright lies and disinguous propaganda?

Pardon me - does anyone have a mirror? Me thinks the lady needs to check her makeup.

"THE PIONEERS OF A WARLESS WORLD ARE THE YOUTH THAT REFUSE MILITARY SERVICE"

In reality the pioneers of a warless world are the YOUTH that are willing to fight to make a warless world. Oh ant that line of yours is NOT Einstein.

DO YOU KNOW THAT 3/4 OF THE HOMELESS UP UNTIL RECENTLY WERE VIET NAM VETS. NOW THEY WILL BE IRAQI VETS IF THEY DO NOT COMMIT SUICIDE FIRST.

I DEMAND to see your proof of this! Been there done that, seen that and lived that, I am NOT homeless nor will I ever be I will NOT commit suicide, you offend me and every other vet by saying **** like this

THE U.S. GOV. CARES NOTHING FOR THE VETS AND WE DO NOT NEED ANYMORE KILLING.

I am a disabled vet, I have no problem at all recieveing care from the VA or any other health care provider for any problems I have, so stfu until you know something about the govt

LOOK WITHIN NOT WITHOUT THE PRESENT WORLD IS SICK BEYOND IMAGINATION. TRY ANY TYPE OF SPIRITUAL PRACTICE LIKE BREATH, MEDITATION OR READING GREAT THINKERS WHO WERE ANTI-WAR.

If duckhunter looks within himself he will find what HE wants, and if he finds that he wants to join the military then he will, if not he won't, but the world is NOT totally sick as you say, try getting off your ass and looking outside once and a while instead of believing what the news media says there is good all around you if you are willing to open your eyes and look at it.

REALITY IS NOT REAL. ITS IS AN ILLUSION CREATED FOR US BY THE "SHADOW GOV."

Somebody please inset the Twilight Zone music here. DUDE, get off the meth and snap back a few feet, this IS reality.

WAR,MEDIA,ECONOMICS AND RELIGION IS HOW THE ELITES CONTROL US. WE ARE PUPPETS AND THEY PULL OUR STRINGS, PLEASE AWAKEN, BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE FOR ALL OF US.

refer to my above statement

Yea, reading this P***ed me off

Last edited:
duckhunter
As you are only 16, I'd say your family is only concerned about your welfare, more specifically your attempted suicide and the relevance it might play during the pressure you will face during your military career.
If it was youth ie girl, school etc then I'd give it a few more years (you have them to spare) and then try the military maybe even in medicine whether as a doctor or battlefield surgeon. When you go for your interview, just don't tell them of your attempt. If your reason was a serious, your psych test should let them know whether or not you’re a good candidate for the military.
If it was for something more serious then I would highly advise against the military because even if you deal with the training, you will find a deployment a far more stressful situation.
Either way, good luck on your decision.

babsvet
The caps lock key is located on the left hand side of the keyboard, please use it as YOUR SCREAMING IS HURTING MY EYES

Back