Have Info on the true song of Dog Face Soldier.. We had to listen to it as children in the car from my dad who was a Sargent in the Army in Anzio.

DogDon

I am just a Dog Face Soldier with a rifle on my soldier, and I eat a Kraut for breakfast every day!! So give me ammunition, keep me in the 3rd division, and ship me to the USA. Hey! I really mean it just ship me to the USA. Nothing was ever said about raw meat.... not correct. It was eat a kraut!

I am just a Dog Face Soldier with a rifle on my soldier, and I eat a Kraut for breakfast every day!! So give me ammunition, keep me in the 3rd division, and ship me to the USA. Hey! I really mean it just ship me to the USA. Nothing was ever said about raw meat.... not correct. It was eat a kraut!
It is amazing the things we remember from our childhood. :)
Welcome.

Welcome.
Welcome.
I signed up because repeatedly, I tried to find the way my father sang it.. and the raw meat sounded very weird.I was born in 58, and my dad still sang it the Kraut way. I finally found it on your site like my dad sang it.. but would love to hear it the way others heard it.

I signed up because repeatedly, I tried to find the way my father sang it.. and the raw meat sounded very weird.I was born in 58, and my dad still sang it the Kraut way. I finally found it on your site like my dad sang it.. but would love to hear it the way others heard it.
It appears the version he sang was the original 1942 version.

It appears the version he sang was the original 1942 version.
It must be because he was in Anzio in that campaign. Thank you, because I thought the ship me to the USA was because all they wanted to do was to get back to the USA after that invasion.

It must be because he was in Anzio in that campaign. Thank you, because I thought the ship me to the USA was because all they wanted to do was to get back to the USA after that invasion.
The Italian campaign holds a personal interest for me as it involved 6 family members serving on both sides and in 3 different army's.

Welcome to the forums :)
Thank you. I joined because of a song my dad sang when I was a little girl. I also had heard Biden say in a negative way to a girl as a joke (Dogface pony soldier), and I said that was not how I heard it.. so, after many searches, your site was the only one that had mentioned the real way. The songs that were on the records were nothing like the actual song the soldiers sang in the 40s, and the new way with raw meat was not correct either.. So thank you for the full way that I remember it.

Back