german super warship?

ninjafreak89

I have a question that I was hopping someone might answer. A couple weeks ago I was watching a documentary of WWII battleships and in the end it started to talk about a German warship that started to be built in 1939 and it was planned to be finished by 1944. I know its not the Bismarck or the other famous German warship and it was suppose to be twice as long as the famous Japanese warship. It was suppose to have guns that were huge and everything. I was wondering if someone could tell me more about this super warship that wasn't completed.

(Sorry I don't know the names of the battleships.)

ninjafreak89 said:
I have a question that I was hopping someone might answer. A couple weeks ago I was watching a documentary of WWII battleships and in the end it started to talk about a German warship that started to be built in 1939 and it was planned to be finished by 1944. I know its not the Bismarck or the other famous German warship and it was suppose to be twice as long as the famous Japanese warship. It was suppose to have guns that were huge and everything. I was wondering if someone could tell me more about this super warship that wasn't completed.

(Sorry I don't know the names of the battleships.)

Given the timelines mentioned ie 1939-1944 I would guess you are looking for the proposed H through N Class battleships.
To be perfectly honest while they were bigger than both the Bismark and the Tirpitz they werent that impressive and seemed rather under gunned.

http://www.german-navy.de/kriegsmarine/zplan/battleships/schlachtschiffh/history.html

Answer.

I was going to say the Bismark. I don't know if that was Germany's best ship but I think was probably there most famous.
Whatever finally happened to the Bismark anway?

Re: Answer.

Mr.Rooster said:
I was going to say the Bismark. I don't know if that was Germany's best ship but I think it was probably there most famous.
Whatever finally happened to the Bismark anway?

Rudder blown out by a lucky torpedo shot from a vintage WW1-era bi-plane. Since she couldn't stear, she was quickly tracked down and finished off by the guns and torpedos of his majesty's navy.

Back