DLA

Hello I have a question... My hubby is in the marines and we will be PCSing soon... Can you get an advance on DLA? If so how long does it take? Thank you in advance!!

Have you checked with any support groups or chain of command? (I'm not a Marine, so I'm not qualified to give you any answers...)

My hubby is looking into it!! But I like to do my research! I called someone about it yesterday but they said they could only give DLA info to the service member!! I was just posting to see if anyone has ever applied for DLA in advance.... I know you are able too do it but I just wanna too see how long it takes for it to process!!

What does DLA mean?

Have you talked to a chaplain? I don't think you would be breaking rank if you talked to a chaplain about it... (again, I'm not qualified to give you answers, but am trying to help with ideas...)

LOL No I havent tried that!! Trying to get all the ducks in a row!! My hubby likes to wait til the last min on everything and that just stresses me out!!

I like to plan ahead as well. My daughter is in the Air Force. I am waiting on news from her, and it is the same... she will let me know when she lets me know... mostlikely, she doesn't know, and therefore cannot tell me anything. I'm trying to help plan HER wedding, so it is extremely frustrating, but... *shrugs shoulders*

According to JFTR your husband can receive an Advanced DLA. As to to how long it will take is up to his Admin shop and whoever else is pushing the paper. This is providing that your husband is changing staion to another assignment. If he's seperating form the Corps he won't get a DLA.

Okay and you can still get DLA if you are moving from your home of record? He has been in NC where he was stationed and me and the kids have been here in Ks waiting on our housing to go through! Our names have come up on the list and we got our house and are due to move in march!! Online it says you cant get DLA if you are moving from your home of record unless dependents are moving there on PCS orders.... well that would be us right?

Is this his first duty station? If it is he does not rate DLA for a move from his home of record according to JFTR reg's. If he is returning from OCONUS he might.

Back