Critics call WTC tower name change unpatriotic (AP)

"...Freedom Tower's name could make it more susceptible to future attacks than a symbol of defiance against it..."

And the name "One World Trade Center" makes it safer???

:stupid:

I'm glad they changed the name... I thought the other one was kind of stupid. And it just kind of seemed like overkill... call it the American Plaza or something. It's turning into a symbol of what's wrong with America today; it took a year and a half to build the Empire State Building... if it makes its deadline it will have taken 12 years to build. Giving it an overly starry-eyed patriotic name seems a little too silly.

Quite honestly, I don't care what they name it; I just don't see their "excuse" as anything close to logical! (Where's Spock when we need him?)

I am glad about the name change. "Freedom Tower" was as idiotic a name as "Freedom Fries". NYC already has the the Statue of Liberty, are we going start naming everything "Freedom" and "Liberty"?

Whats next?

"Ill have a Equality Burger, a large Freedom Fries, and a small Liberty drink to go please".

"...Freedom Tower's name could make it more susceptible to future attacks than a symbol of defiance against it..."

And the name "One World Trade Center" makes it safer???

:stupid:

It doesn't matter what they name it, it will still be a symbol to be attacked by those who have a jihadist agenda.

Back