CEC officer commissioning

redbird5

I have one more interview and than my application goes before the board. I have a question. This may only apply to enlisted people so I'm hoping to hear from the officer side. Everyone is buzzing at me about what rank I will come in at and sign on bonueses. Do bonuses happen for commissioned officers? I have a BS in engineering and have my license, 42 credits in graduate work but not a master's in civil and over 10 years of experience. What rank do you think I would come in at? Is this something I can negoiate?

Thanks for any insight you can give me.

redbird5 said:
Do bonuses happen for commissioned officers? I have a BS in engineering and have my license, 42 credits in graduate work but not a master's in civil and over 10 years of experience. What rank do you think I would come in at? Is this something I can negoiate.

Ok, no bonus (you can get some reimbursement of the money you spent on your education, but I'm not just dead sure how that works), I do not know enough about your specific situation to tell you if you can get a bump in grade, but from what you have written, you can negotiate anything from 2LT to O1. :wink:

In all seriousness, the specifics of what you are eligible for and what options you have all rely on what your own personal details are (I'm not suggesting you post them here).

Back