British Soldier Killed by Muslim Terrorists in London

I wouldn't call it odd if they were deliberately trying to get caught or martyr themselves in a hail of Police bullets, which seemed to be what they were trying to do. They were there to make a point and by simply killing him and running, it might have been days before England realized the true reason behind the murder. But by standing around and speaking to passers by and allowing themselves to be filmed, within 24hrs the world has been exposed to this murder as well as the reason. They have received maximum coverage which was their main goal and all they had to do was kill one person in the most horrific way possible - maximum result for minimum effort - sometimes this is worse than a killing spree.

I still stand by my choice that its a terrorism related matter simply because the sole purpose of the murder was to install fear and intimidation within community. Had they only been interested in murder and not interested in the public's reaction to it then yes I would have agreed that it was nothing more than murder

And yes you're totally right that it shouldn't matter whether or not he was a soldier but the fact remains that when its reported that a murder has occurred outside military barracks, the first question that will be raised is if military personnel involved.

All classifying them as terrorists does is politicise their cause now people want to know why they did it and what grievances led to this action basically it is giving them free publicity and putting them in a different category of villain where as treating them as run of the mill criminals removes all that they become no better than the paedophiles, rapists, thieves and murderers they will be locked up with and nothing deflates a cause faster than giving it no special treatment or publicity.

All classifying them as terrorists does is politicise their cause now people want to know why they did it and what grievances led to this action basically it is giving them free publicity and putting them in a different category of villain where as treating them as run of the mill criminals removes all that they become no better than the paedophiles, rapists, thieves and murderers they will be locked up with and nothing deflates a cause faster than giving it no special treatment or publicity.

I don't give a shite what they call it, my concern is that a young soldier was viciously cut down by savages/terrorists/murders (cross out which you don't like). My thoughts are with his family who lost a husband a father and a son and his friends lost a good mate.

Rest in Peace Drummer, rest easy you have done your duty.

:salute2:

As I get older, I simply am losing the words to describe the outrage and frustration I'm feeling towards the state of affairs this world seems to be growing into.

Salute to the fallen. The loss is felt over on this side of the pond and we are solemnly raising our hands and heads in rememberance.

Back