Aurora jet

tommy_gunn

:biggun: like to know more about the new USA jet the new spy plane Aurora where can i find the info on it, ceiling hight, max speed and does it have any weapons.

:biggun: like to know more about the new USA jet the new spy plane Aurora where can i find the info on it, ceiling hight, max speed and does it have any weapons.

Uhh... dude, the SR 71 was killed by far cheaper and more versitile military satelites, why would the U.S. make a new spy plane to replace one of which it has no use for anymore? Especially in times like these?

And the rumor of the Aurora has been around for more than a decade, the YF 22 was made from prototype to test model, to operation status and production stages in around a decade, and only around half of that it was kept secret.

I mean listen, another thing, the F 117A nighthawk, was called a fighter on paper to confuse foreign intelligance agencies, and to make it's attacker role kept seceret. The Aurora bomber may be just a cover, for something that was being reasearched in the 90s, and face it, whatever it could have been covering, most likely never left the conception stage, not even making to the prototype stage, or even left the testing stage. The DOD has been doing that for over 60 years now, and that said if this happened, it may be just business as usual.

Look at it, in a world of bullet direction finders, Microwave weapon research, and high intesisty lasers becoming more powerful and samller, why make a old school spy plane?

Last edited:
Well, the only thing is, directing a sattelite to a spot takes longer and you can only do it so many times before the gas in the tanks runs out. also sattelites ar e far more predictable than spy planes.

Re: Aurora Jet

the SR 71 was killed by far cheaper and more versitile military satelites, why would the U.S. make a new spy plane to replace one of which it has no use for anymore? Especially in times like these?
The the very reason the SR-71 saved America's intelligence gathering during the Yom Kippur War. Satellites don't cover the planet and if something takes place and there is no satellite coverage, if an IADS covers the area then, a system such as a replacement for the SR-71 would be the best answer.

the rumor of the Aurora has been around for more than a decade, the YF 22 was made from prototype to test model, to operation status and production stages in around a decade, and only around half of that it was kept secret.
The SR-71 was designed in far less than a decade. Kelly Johnson first started hearing reports of Soviet SAMs shots getting closer to the U-2 over flights and he started concept work on the SR-71 in 1956, before Gary Powers was shot down on May 01, 1960. First flight of the A-12/SR-71 took place in Dec. 1964. In the speech (1964) in which President Johnson announced the existence of the SR-71 (the president made the mistake of calling it the RS-71), he made a statement I still remember, "our opponents have seen this aircraft!" (On radar?)

the F 117A nighthawk, was called a fighter on paper to confuse foreign intelligance agencies, and to make it's attacker role kept seceret.
The only folks who did not know of the F-117 was those of us who paid for it... the US taxpayer! In one issue of Nov 1980 AW&ST's intelligence department found out about the F-117 program and in a news brief made comment that the USAF was working on a stealth aircraft. In 1986 Tom Clancy had published the book "Red Storm Rising." In it he discusses a stealth aircraft, the C-19 "Frisbee"!
The KGB and GRU supplied the Soviet AF complete specs of the F-117 but, they did not believe it. They thought it was misinformation by Lockeed. The Soviet AF was surprised during PGW#1 when the intelligence information turned out to be correct.

Look at it, in a world of bullet direction finders, Microwave weapon research, and high intesisty lasers becoming more powerful and samller, why make a old school spy plane?
Because war is a "come as you are party!" You can only use what you have ready to fight with on day one. No development time will be afforded to any side in any future wars.

The funny thing is that in the old days, aircraft went from the drawing board to the runway in record time. It always takes a lot longer nowadays. It's actually pretty uniform across the board. So I don't see what the whole point is about the SR-71's development period being less than a decade while the F-22's development took just about forever. I remember having a small scale model of an F-22 when I was in grade school and I wondered what the heck that thing was. And that was back in the early 90's.

AVON, so the F-117 was a secret. What's your problem? Do you have any idea how many secrets keep a lot of people alive? Why don't we just publish your real name, all your posessions, where you live, your phone number, your relatives, what you fear, what you enjoy, your credit card numbers, what motivates you, what doesn't, what your life goals are and just spread it everywhere. You know the sort of damage and frustration that comes when any of your information is leaked and marketers use it to try to sell things to you. Well it can be a lot worse when it's people who want to take you down. So start appreciating some secrets.
I'd rather go to war in a vehicle the enemy knows nothing about rather than have the enemy know everything because our nosy public demanded to know everything so a bunch of simmers could get "realistic" games about what we ride around in.
And I'd rather have the enemy not know what our tactics are than know the enemy already knows because a bunch of airsofters demanded to know how we do our work so they can go play "realistic" Rambo on the weekends.

AVON, not only do you know nothing about war, you know nothing about anything. Here's a funny thing. Most people who served (and actually were good at it) respect secrets and classified information, even if they are not cleared for that information. They know it is a secret for a reason and the reason is that if it is leaked, the lives of our people will be lost and the end product will lose a lot of its effectiveness the instant it rolls off the assembly line.
If war was truly a come as you are party, we'd still be fighting with fists and teeth.

PS For your own protection I will release this piece of classified information. Aurora is the code name for a really buff dude and Jet is the code name for the guy's *****. The target is your ass. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Back