Attention to Detail...?

AJChenMPH

Forum Health Inspector
AT NAVY FLIGHT SCHOOL in Pensacola, Fla., we had "attention to detail" hammered into our heads. One instructor in particular preached this virtue. As we walked out to check an airplane, he told me my reputation as an aviator would depend on my "attention to detail." First he showed me how to identify our plane; then he conducted a meticulous preflight scrutiny, inspecting every nook and cranny. Just as he finished and we were strapping in, another instructor with a student in tow walked up to us. "Fellas," he said, "that was awfully nice of you to preflight our aircraft. Your plane is in the next flight line."

--Contributed to "Humor In Uniform" by Lt. Michael Stewart

Provided Courtesy of Reader's Digest.

no it definately does :), my little story. i was back at HMM(T) 164 a training squadron for the CH-46 and it was my first flight, i had to get my plane ready and whatnot and do my little inspection and whatnot. now HMM268 would park in the same line and had the same tail numbers. well the plane i was supposed to get ready was parked right next to the AC of the opposite squadron, needless to say, that other squadron got really angry when they saw me on there AC :). so yes, it does happen :/

Back