ATF: Holmes bought 4 guns, nearly 6,300 rounds legally

School shootings are splashed all over the media, yet stories like this never are. Why is that?

A 62-year-old gunman pointed a .380 semi-automatic gun in a Tennessee Principal’s face yesterday. The School Resource Officer (SRO) drew her gun and shielded the Principal’s body with her own.

The principal, Melanie Riden, was able to flee the area. The SRO, Sheriff’s Deputy Carolyn Gudger, lured the gunman into the empty high school cafeteria — a more contained location. Minutes later, additional officers arrived. The male pointed his gun at the officers. They shot and killed him.

Read the full story: Gunman killed at Sullivan Central (High School in Blountville, TN) .

Just yesterday, I wrote about SROs being mischaracterized in an article entitled, “America’s real school-safety problem .” I challenged the positions put forth by academician Aaron Kupchick, who espoused what I consider to be an anti-police/anti-SRO/anti-school security message. Kupchick wrote a recent book entitled, “Homeroom Security: School Discipline in an Age of Fear ,” which is critical of SROs and other school security measures.

I have also written recently about, “Education Department Redefines School Safety, Downplays Violence,” where the U.S. Department of Education has redefined school safety to push “violence” to the back burner as the Department goes on overkill with bullying, school climate, “incivil” behavior, and climate surveys.

Principal Melanie Riden didn’t need a climate survey when a man pointed a gun at her face at Sullivan Central High School in Blountville, TN. She and her kids needed their School Resource Officer. And that police officer, Deputy Carolyn Gudger, was there for them, risked her life for them, and most likely saved some lives in the process.

Educators and students cannot afford to allow Ivory Tower academicians and D.C. politicians to skew the definition of school safety, or to skew federal policy and funding for school safety.

School safety must include conversations on, and resources to deal with, violence. SROs, school police, and school security cannot be summarily dismissed. And we should not apologize for wanting and/or having them in our schools

They didn’t need a climate survey, anti-bullying program, or lecture on “incivility” yesterday morning at Sullivan Central High School. They needed a cop. And thank God there was one right there in the school when the need struck so quickly.

Ken Trump

Jesus christ. When a parent gets pissed off with the school principal he shouldnt pull a hand cannon on the guy.
When a certain proportion of society must be armed to prevent individuals indiscriminately taking out their rage on too many people it really resonates with me that the root problem isnt caused or solved with firearms.

Last edited:
Exactly the problem is less about firearms and more about the complete retards that the Americans let have them.

The point these people all seem to overlook is whether this is the world they want for their kids, New Zealand schools have their issues but the fact that they can attend school without bulletproof clothing and the need to turn schools into armed camps is a positive thing for the country.

Thats all just part and parcel with the core problem which is American culture. Its not hard at all to make explosives and get rapid fire weapons so in theory at least this stuff could happen anywhere. American terrorists are on a whole other level of twisted they way they go about these breakdowns. Its surely about power and fame.
I find it very hard to succinctly say what I think the root cause is but I am sure it stems somewhere from the sense of entitlement which they are brainwashed with from the cradle. (Not talking about all Americans of course)

Back