Aegis Robot sentry

ExTanker said:
M0rPh345 said:
The future is Here, war will now be a video game with the aegis robot made by South Korean company dodaam.

http://dodaam.com/home_en/product/c4i/aegis1.html

There's nothing new under the sun. The East Germans used remotely controlled machine guns along the fortified border between the DDR and West Germany 30 years ago. So that they could keep the West Germans out. :)

Actually, they were keeping East Germans in.

It would be nice. But you still do not have the "Human Factor" in play there. How will it distinguish between Friend Or Foe and all the matters that implies? How will it clear a weapon jam? What happens if some sniper makes a 1500m shot and takes out the sensor array? Lots of details there to ponder. :)

But you still do not have the "Human Factor" in play there.

That's true. But I think technology will be more advanced so that they will be more like humans....but I don't think they will ever get them to be exactly like them. Humans are pretty unique if you really think about it.

Ahh, finally. I've been waiting for this creation for decades. These robots might have problems, and they might get there butts kicked hard the first couple of times they're utilized. But they'll get better, stronger, faster, and smarter. They may even disappear for a time, but . . .

They'll be baack . . . :-D

OK, actually it's more scary that South Korea is the country to first publicize their military robot program. What does that say about their feelings of security from their neighbors?

I don't like robots and war mixing together. It's not right. Machines can't feel nor think. They can only do what they're programed.

Cylons, Skynet, The Matrix, so on and so forth. Yeah, they're nothing nut movie and tv plots. But still. It's just not good.

Back