A skinny recruit??

Matthew

this may sound like a silly question and i'm just asking it cuz im curious more than anything. Im very skinny, i weigh 132 pounds (60kg). check make no mistake i'm strong! but very light and thin. Will the other recruits/ soldiers make fun of me about that if idecided to join?

ps. the reason i'm skinny is cuz i have a very fast metabolism :)

cheers
Matt

Size doesn't matter, it's all mental. I went to infantry School weighing 185 and left at around 150. You would probably gain weight. I've seen a guy who was 5'5 and maybe 120 hump nearly his own body weight 20 miles. He pretty much had to jog to keep up with our pace.

Obviously training programs when you're enlisting will differ from country to country. But one general guiding principle when it comes to fitness (especially in the military) is that your attitude and approach to physical work is just as important as your initial physical fitness.... that can be built up. But, obviously if you have that persistence, or the ability develop a persistent, don't-stop-coz-the-guys-next-to-you-haven't, have-a-crack type attitude, you'll find that the simple act of keeping on during any kind of physical activity will get you through.

And by the time your training advances and the requirements of what you might need to do physically also advance, chances are your body will developed on it's on.

Back