1977-78 Marine Barracks Closure, Kenitra Morocco

voulibis 1

I was stationed at Marine Barracks, Kenitra Morocco on Main Base Kenitra during the closure 1977-78. I had a ' birds eye view' of all three bases at Kenitra, Bouknadel and Sidi-Yihia. Some of the Marines from Sidi, and Bouknadel were with me on trips to Volubilis, Fez, Tangier and Marrakech in my brightly colored, souped- up Volkswagen. Although, I haven't gone all the way to the Commandant, I had trouble with VA and other agencies when trying to pin down health problems associated with our tours in Morocco. There is ambiguity about exactly when Marine Barracks, Morocco was closed and who were the last Marines out. My health problems can be closely attributed to some of the food I ate off-base. I know pretty sure no one was warned not to eat the food off- base. I could not find any one at the VA who could actually 'pull up' USNTC Kenitra, Marine Barracks or any type of health problems attributed to our Barracks. Has any USMC Veteran from the 1977-78 Base Closure found anything like that? Peter J Prejzner mountenandwatr@gmail.com

Welcome to the Forums and Sorry I don't have any information about that base or health problems from there.

-Delta

Welcome to the Forums and Sorry I don't have any information about that base or health problems from there.

-Delta
That is exactly what I have found, Moroccans( a very welcoming people, where also employed on all three bases as Cooks and Houseboys), our food was 'shipped' from Stateside and was already a month old by the time it reached Kenitra. Without too much more discussion about how Marines helped closed Patten's Headquarters during WW2 and what was a 'secret' base since the fifties and how the 1977-78 Base Closure Marines may have been somehow 'overlooked'. This was just a 'feeler' I felt as a Headquarters Marine who has researched the situation with 'Morroccan' type parasite infection that experienced life long debilitating digestive problems. Marines who served in the American Military in Morocco were directly connected to the Monarch of Morocco and we're the only Marines in Marine Corp who wore a Star of David badge indicating we worked for the King of Morocco.

That is exactly what I have found, Moroccans( a very welcoming people, where also employed on all three bases as Cooks and Houseboys), our food was 'shipped' from Stateside and was already a month old by the time it reached Kenitra. Without too much more discussion about how Marines helped closed Patten's Headquarters during WW2 and what was a 'secret' base since the fifties and how the 1977-78 Base Closure Marines may have been somehow 'overlooked'. This was just a 'feeler' I felt as a Headquarters Marine who has researched the situation with 'Morroccan' type parasite infection that experienced life long debilitating digestive problems. Marines who served in the American Military in Morocco were directly connected to the Monarch of Morocco and we're the only Marines in Marine Corp who wore a Star of David badge indicating we worked for the King of Morocco.
Correction: where it says 'Patten's' it should read 'Patton's'.

Back